D&D 5E New Unearthed Arcana: Folk of the Feywild!

Wander into the magical realm of the Feywild with our latest Unearthed Arcana: Folk of the Feywild!

Your character can be a member of one of the new D&D races: fairy, hobgoblin of the Feywild, owlfolk, or rabbitfolk. Which will you choose?

Playtest now:

45029A1A-E1B6-4BBD-93DB-33A363112735.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

dave2008

Legend
That is something WoTC is too afraid to do within 5E's paradigm sadly nor do they want to go through the headache, on their end, of attempting to do such a thing.
I know, but I'm not afraid to do it. Heck, I allowed a player to play a giant back in 1e, I can do it in 5e too!

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
My immediate thought was this was shades of hengyoki (spelling?) anthromorphic race of various animals with fey blood. That also had other animals like monkeys and dogs and such. The one consistent difference between them and this is I think those previously published could shapechange in to their specific animal, I think, but I could be remembering wrong.
Yeah, the hengeyoukai were based on the tales of shapeshifting animals in Japanese and other East Asian folklore. robably the top animals for the hengeyoukai treatment (if flollowing the Japanese influence) would be foxes, tanuki (raccon dogs), badgers, and cats.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
"Oh, look at me, I'm the result of an affair between a sickly dwarf and an inebriated elf and I LOOOOVE my pointy red hat!"*

*Content Warning: This post may contain satire and/or hyperbole. Ask your doctor before accepting at face value.
I’m not saying people who don’t like gnomes can’t be trusted, I’m just...ya know...not gonna turn my back to ya. 😂
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm kind of getting tired of all the Feywild stuff from WotC. Someone over there must really like the concept, because it seems to keep coming back, especially in UA.
IMO, it’s taken too damn long to have this many Fey PC options, and there is still a lot of room for more.
Fairy Speed needs to drop to 20 or 25 feet. Fairy Flight needs to cancelled if in heavy armour.
Why would magical flight that doesn’t require even having wings have such a restriction?
Hobgoblin no changes.

Owlfolk. Nimble Flight cancelled if in heavy armour. Nimble flight dex save limited to your proficiency bonus. If small your speed is 25 feet.
Ugh. No.
Rabbitfolk. If small your speed is 25 feet. Lucky Footwork needs to limited to your proficiency bonus per long rest.
Why?
It seems to me that Wotc is trying to move everyone movement to 30 feet. If so, just errata the PHB.
Or, some small folk have less speed and others don’t.

Scribe

Legend
Fairy Flight needs to cancelled if in heavy armour.

Owlfolk. Nimble Flight cancelled if in heavy armour. Nimble flight dex save limited to your proficiency bonus.
Agreed here for sure. I'd apply it to any flying (insert new term for a distinct species).

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases