Unearthed Arcana New Unearthed Arcana - Subclasses 2 [UPDATED]

The latest Unearthed Arcana contains three new subclasses: the bardic College of Creation, the cleric's Love Domain, and the sorcerer's Clockwork Soul.

UPDATE - WoTC appears to have removed this PDF. The link now leads to the previous Unearthed Arcana.

Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 8.04.39 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

I like all of these subclasses.

College of Creation is a cool idea that I think could be pushed a bit further conceptually. The summoning aspect seems a bit...mundane?

Domain of Love is great. I'd actually, ahem, love to play this subclass.

I'd like to see the Clockwork Sorcerer manifest physical changes in the same way as the Draconic Sorcerer so I can play a cyborg spellcaster. I'm getting visions of Warlock or Magus from New Mutants. By the time I hit 20th level, I want to be more machine than man.

Hussar

Legend
Ok, this is weird. When I click the pdf link, I get the 1st UA article with Barbarian, Monk, Rogue and genie warlock. I can't get the second part of the UA.

Ok, this is weird. When I click the pdf link, I get the 1st UA article with Barbarian, Monk, Rogue and genie warlock. I can't get the second part of the UA.

Yes, it's been taken down. Someone guessed the URL and popped it early. They took it down until it's ready for review / use. Irritating, but I can wait... sigh

I saw there was a bit of a kerfuffle in some quarters at some point about the Love Cleric infatuation power being problematic and being called the "Cosby Cleric." I assume that has to do with general commentary on love potions and the like as tropes in popular culture. What I really remember of the power doesn't seem to back that up at all and everything else about the cleric seems about mutual protection not charm or mind control. It should be easy enough for them to substitute out a different sort of channel divinity power that works closer thematically to the rest of the class if too many people get the whiff of unfortunate implications from an infatuation power.

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
I saw there was a bit of a kerfuffle in some quarters at some point about the Love Cleric infatuation power being problematic and being called the "Cosby Cleric." I assume that has to do with general commentary on love potions and the like as tropes in popular culture. What I really remember of the power doesn't seem to back that up at all and everything else about the cleric seems about mutual protection not charm or mind control.

As initially written, it's about 50-50 between mutual protection and infatuation/mind control. In addition to the Impulsive Infatuation Channel Divinity, it also has a number of Charm spells as domain spells, including Charm Person, Enthrall, and Hypnotic Pattern, as well as other Mind Control domain spells like Confusion and Hold Monster.

So while it doesn't necessarily have to point to a Cosby vibe, I can see how one could make that leap.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases