D&D 5E New Unearthed Arcana: Wonders of the Multiverse

WotC has posted a new Unearthed Arcana featuring the Glitchling race, the Fate domain, and a handful of backgrounds, feats and spells. In today’s Unearthed Arcana, we explore D&D character options from across the multiverse. This playtest document presents the glitchling race; the Fate Domain cleric subclass; and the gate warden, giant foundling, planar philosopher, and rune carver...

WotC has posted a new Unearthed Arcana featuring the Glitchling race, the Fate domain, and a handful of backgrounds, feats and spells.

In today’s Unearthed Arcana, we explore D&D character options from across the multiverse. This playtest document presents the glitchling race; the Fate Domain cleric subclass; and the gate warden, giant foundling, planar philosopher, and rune carver backgrounds. Additionally, a collection of new feats provide links to giants and other primordial forces of the planes, while a selection of new spells highlight the power of fate and chance.

Honestly, if they are going the "it's a rogue modron but we're not calling it a rogue modron" route with the glitchling, they could just simply allow the choice either to be humanoid or to maintain the quadrone form, depending on how much chaos has affected the individual and how much desire they have to retain their original modron form. It would make little, really no, difference mechanics-wise, and allow for greater flexibility...

Last edited:

I'm sure the survey will make sure it gets reigned into the standard armor shtick like everybody else does.
There are other options that don't stamp all over lizardfolk, monks and barbarians. Warforged and Loxon for example.

Or a version of barkskin that sets AC to 15 if it would otherwise be lower. Fixed values are very lawful.

Horwath

Legend
A card is A card. One. However, as written there will be those who will say "I have a card, and a card, and a card, and a card..."
yes, you can imbue A card after a long rest.
after next long rest you imbue another card.
it is still a single card effect after every long rest.

I also read that you can only have one card, but technically @Maxperson is correct, there is not clear limit to only one card ever.

Horwath

Legend
The word "another" does not appear. You only have one imbuable card. But yes, we know there are people who will try and bend this.
Hidden Ace.
When you finish a long rest, you can choose one spell you know and imbue it into a card; the chosen spell must have a casting time of 1 action, and its level must be less than or equal to your proficiency bonus. While the card is imbued with the spell, you can use your bonus action to flourish the card and cast the spell within. The card then immediately loses its magic.

you can have multiple cards in possession.

I mean, your focus is a deck of cards, how many is that? 52 cards?

by this exact wording, after every long rest you can imbue one card with a spell.
it says nothing on the limit of cards or if anything happens to already existing cards with imbued spells.

Remove ads

Remove ads