D&D 5E New Unearthed Arcana: Wonders of the Multiverse

WotC has posted a new Unearthed Arcana featuring the Glitchling race, the Fate domain, and a handful of backgrounds, feats and spells. In today’s Unearthed Arcana, we explore D&D character options from across the multiverse. This playtest document presents the glitchling race; the Fate Domain cleric subclass; and the gate warden, giant foundling, planar philosopher, and rune carver...

WotC has posted a new Unearthed Arcana featuring the Glitchling race, the Fate domain, and a handful of backgrounds, feats and spells.

In today’s Unearthed Arcana, we explore D&D character options from across the multiverse. This playtest document presents the glitchling race; the Fate Domain cleric subclass; and the gate warden, giant foundling, planar philosopher, and rune carver backgrounds. Additionally, a collection of new feats provide links to giants and other primordial forces of the planes, while a selection of new spells highlight the power of fate and chance.

Horwath

Legend
It says nothing about being able to inbue any card. Just because you have 52 doesn't imply they can all be imbued.
And it says nothing that you cannot.

Look, I agree with you having no limit is crazy.

I.E:
let's take a month break from adventuring and then go to the dungeon.
I have 30 fireballs locked and loaded. we will need 3 minutes to clear all(30 rounds for 30 Bonus action fireballs)

A card after a long rest.
then a card after another long rest
then a card after another long rest

where does it say that it has to be THE same card?
Grammar. What you wrote is ungrammatical. The correct grammar is:
then another card after another long rest

If you have to use incorrect grammar to justify something, it's clearly wrong.

Horwath

Legend
Grammar. What you wrote is ungrammatical. The correct grammar is:

If you have to use incorrect grammar to justify something, it's clearly wrong.
A card is still correct.

as you are only imbuing one card with that specific action.
there is no condition present in that sentence that refers to prior cards or future ones.

To imbue a card means, take ONE card and enchant it.
That is it. how many card you have from before is irrelevant.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
A card is still correct.

as you are only imbuing one card with that specific action.
there is no condition present in that sentence that refers to prior cards or future ones.

To imbue a card means, take ONE card and enchant it.
That is it. how many card you have from before is irrelevant.
If you imbue another card you have imbued two cards, not a card

A reading of natural language makes the intent clear.
It should still be more obviously clarified, because this kind of conversation at the table would be boring

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
A card is A card. One. However, as written there will be those who will say "I have a card, and a card, and a card, and a card..."
If I tell someone that after they sleep each night they are allowed to go out and slash a tire, they aren't to think that it has to be the same tire over and over. Yes it's one tire, but it's one per night with no requirement to be the same one. Same with this spell inscription. I do think that it's an oversight and will be clarified later, but as currently written you can imbue one card per night and end up with a full deck of them eventually.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
The word "another" does not appear. You only have one imbuable card. But yes, we know there are people who will try and bend this.
Because it doesn't have to be "another." You can imbue one card, use it, and then imbue that card again. The wording doesn't require it to be the same, nor does it require it to be different as would be the case if the word "another" were there.

Remove ads

Remove ads