New (Unofficial) Zakhara campaign guide available 04/13/2021

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Don't see it yet; hopefully just a timed release later in the day, rather than a delay.

dave2008

Legend
Just purchased the PDF (and The Dragonborn of Kara-tur and British Raj: A Masque of the Red Death Guide to British India too). It was my birthday recently, I felt like treating myself. ;)

Stormonu

Legend
Sprang for the printed copy and PDF.

I do have a question (originally posted it on the DM's guild but wasn't sure that'd get answered) - there's a number of kits listed in the back that aren't described in the text (Table 6, p 79), like the Askar. I'm confused why they weren't included, even if there wasn't just a line like "use Local Hero background" or in the cases where they're actually subclasses, such as Clockwork Mage stating "see Wizard subclass".

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Sprang for the printed copy and PDF.

I do have a question (originally posted it on the DM's guild but wasn't sure that'd get answered) - there's a number of kits listed in the back that aren't described in the text (Table 6, p 79), like the Askar. I'm confused why they weren't included, even if there wasn't just a line like "use Local Hero background" or in the cases where they're actually subclasses, such as Clockwork Mage stating "see Wizard subclass".
Thank you! Enjoy!

Incidentally, I did answer your question on the site (assuming you're was the question to which I responded), but for everyone else:

The Archetypes table lists archetypes, not kits. It seems we could have been more explicit about that fact. We didn't make up anything we didn't need to, and since Askar is pretty much just a Zakharan term for a character with the Folk Hero background, we equated the Askar to a Folk Hero on the table and left it at that. We did something similar with the Sa'luk, except that one is even broader and doesn't map to a Background.

Remove ads