• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E New Vecna Battle (Let's Get Ready to RUMBLE!!!) - CONCLUDED

DragonBelow

Adventurer
Selossen hears despair in the paladin's voice, and knows they won't stand a chance if he cannot break out of this. "Ezabard... we will avenge you!"

For his action Selossen brings forth a spire of holy fire via sacred flame on top of the blue shadow.

Last edited:

DragonBelow

Adventurer
I have other stuff I want to do but I want to see the result of this first
Selossen hears despair in the paladin's voice, and knows they won't stand a chance if he cannot break out of this. "Ezabard... we will avenge you!"

For his action Selossen brings forth a spire of holy fire via sacred flame on top of the blue shadow.
I have other stuff I want to do but I want to see the result of this first.

DragonBelow

Adventurer
Selossen pushes forward towards the altar, provoking an AoO from his former companion. He will move to the altar bracing himself to resist the effect of the Symbol (have bless, and a few options to help on top of that) and he goes prone, hoping the altar will be enough cover him to completely from the Lich.

He then casts a quickened Sunbeam (30' Sunlight, which should harass the Shadows), and fires up a beam at the red shadow.

I have been debating the line above (now crossed out) for a while, but the more I kept thinking the more I realize I might not have a better chance to help the paladin. So quickened dispel magic upcast 7th level on the Paladin. If it's too late to change, just go with the original line.

SP: 15

Last edited:

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Selossen pushes forward towards the altar, provoking an AoO from his former companion. He will move to the altar bracing himself to resist the effect of the Symbol (have bless, and a few options to help on top of that) and he goes prone, hoping the altar will be enough cover him to completely from the Lich.

He then casts a quickened Sunbeam (30' Sunlight, which should harass the Shadows), and fires up a beam at the red shadow.

I have been debating the line above (now crossed out) for a while, but the more I kept thinking the more I realize I might not have a better chance to help the paladin. So quickened dispel magic upcast 7th level on the Paladin. If it's too late to change, just go with the original line.

SP: 15
Nope, it's all good. I'm busy for a while, but I should be able to resolve this in the next few hours.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
4.5.21 (Selossen) Selossen calls down sacred flame on the (Blue) shadow, it writhes as is vaporized by radiant energies (Roll 10+2=12 vs. DC 19 DEX save), taking 46 radiant damage (double 23).

He then maneuvers around the undead Ezabard and steps onto the glowing eerie green light of the symbol, but resists (Roll 12+15+3=20 vs DC 22 CHA save) the powerful magic!

The zombie flails pathetically (perhaps, in some way, Ezabard still holds some influence...), missing (Roll 3+1=4 vs. contested roll 11+6=17) as it tries to grab the sorcerer.

Selossen drops behind the altar, casting a quickened dispel magic (7th level) to free Vyrlim from this affliction!

Vyrlim's lifts his bowed head, "Maybe we can defeat him after all!" he cries out.

@DragonBelow are you remaining prone after casting? You have sufficient speed left to stand up again if you want? I need to know if you are prone in case you get attacked.

Selossen stands up, trying to rally the others.

1657840534613.png

It is now the Lair Action Turn on Initiative 20.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads