• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E New Vecna Battle (Let's Get Ready to RUMBLE!!!) - CONCLUDED

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Selossen gets up and moves behind the paladin so he doesn't get flanked
You do not have enough speed to move, just to stand up.

You moved 3 spaces (15 feet) and dropped prone. With a speed 35, half of your speed is 17.5, which only leaves 2.5 feet--not enough to move to a different space.

So, are you standing up or remaining prone?

Stalker0

Legend
Something I just realized, have we been noting that the Paladin's sunblade....does in fact generate sunlight, which would give disadvantage on a lot of things to the shadows.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Something I just realized, have we been noting that the Paladin's sunblade....does in fact generate sunlight, which would give disadvantage on a lot of things to the shadows.
You know, I actually read the weapon prior to the shadow's first attacks and (somehow) missed that line.

1657843771837.png

I was too focused on the range of the light when setting up the dynamic lighting...

Hmm... Ok, I'll have to review the prior lair action turns to see what impact that will have. Sigh. :(

I was hoping to move this along...

Stalker0

Legend
hehe the only reason I even noticed was because I just happened to have given a player in my game a sunblade recently, and they happened to have fought shadows.

At this point I wouldn't go back, too much of a retcon. But you might give them some free misses from the shadows or something to "balance the books" if the shadows were hitting before and shouldn't have.

Also Paladin, don't forget your holy nimbus! Automatic radiant damage, you can be just be autoblasting those shadows should another batch come back out if you activate it!

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
How about this as a compromise:

I'll restore half the Strength loss the PC's have already sustained, which will revive Ezabard (no more zombie!) since it was the strength drain that killed him. I'll allow Ezabard to take a turn NOW (prior to lair actions) as well. Ezabard will also get to act on Initiative 12, as normal.

I'll also review the "hits" by the shadows and restore some HP to the targets as well.

If that is ok with @FitzTheRuke, @Stalker0, @DragonBelow, and @Smythe the Bard, that is what we'll go with.

Grapple requires taking the Attack action, so no-go on an attack of opportunity.
IIRC it's in a SA, also it never hit anyway... ;)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads