• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Weapon Sketch(es)

Ry

Explorer
Thank you. If you have the book, the blade is the sun/creator aspect and the spike is the night / destroyer aspect. You can imagine a ceremonial guard holding it vertically, changing it up depending on whether it's day or night.

Tetsubo

First Post
I appear to be on a roll...

Tubular steel shaft with inset blade.

Attachments

• polearm70.jpg
    polearm70.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 384

Tetsubo

First Post
Infinity Arms, -Separ8- Force Cutter

Originally designed as a tool for space salvagers, the force cutter quickly found its way into the Arena. With its blade formed from a shaped force field, the cutter can tackle even the most heavily armoured foes. Extremely dangerous to use the force cutter has become a fan favorite.

Infinity Arms is proud to introduce the new –Separ8- Force Cutter for the next Arena season. With the addition of the LaserLine system the user can finally see the outline of the normally invisible force field edge. This enhances the visual appeal of the weapon while simultaneously making it far safer. We at Infinity Arms are sure that the new –Separ8- Force Cutter shall become the leading model both in the Arena and on salvage wrecks System-wide.

Remember, Infinity Arms… Always Ready, Always Armed…

Attachments

• separ8.jpg
    separ8.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 369

Ry

Explorer
Tetsubo, thinking about archives and such... what would you consider the most subtle weapon you've drawn?

Tetsubo

First Post
rycanada said:
Tetsubo, thinking about archives and such... what would you consider the most subtle weapon you've drawn?

How are you defining "subtle"? As in the weapon that looks least like a weapon? Or as in the design that has the most graceful, subtle lines? Or a third alternative that I haven't considered?

Tetsubo

First Post
rycanada said:
The one that would require the most subtle manipulation on the part of the combatant.

That is a very complex question.

I can say without hesitation that there are weapons which are most decidedly unsubtle. The Great Axe, the Goliath Greathammer and the Morningstar are good examples. But after that... things get a lot less well defined...

I know a man in the SCA that once told me, "In the right hands, a polearm is a six foot scalpel." He is right of course. The skill of the warrior will dictate how "subtly" an attack is executed...

As for my own sketches... again, that is a hard answer. I would say that many of my Elven designs were conceived with subtly in mind. The naginata is also a graceful and subtle weapon. As are many of the Japanese weapons.

There is an old thread on the Art boards that I started. "Weapon Illustration Thread" is what I believe it is called. I posted almost my entire sketch archive in it. It holds all of my Elven designs.

I may have to think about this more. A very complex question indeed...

Tetsubo

First Post
Full tang construction, brass guard, through pins and wooden slab grip. Inspired by designs from competitive cutting contests.

Attachments

• knife22.jpg
    knife22.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 355

Remove ads