D&D 5E New WotC Survey! Learn About A New D&D Product!

WotC has launched a new survey about the future of D&D. This survey includes an NDA (which some people have not taken to well!) halfway through, which asks you not to talk about the survey on pain of being tracked down and fined, but it's about an upcoming (unannounced) new D&D product. You can find out what it is by taking the survey (or it's all over social media aready).

Yaarel

He Mage
You might also ask them if you were considering re-doing the PHB to say take out set ability bonuses for races and might want to tweak abilities while you were at it.
Because Tashas introduced ways to customize a lineage, designers need to know what is the most salient "essence" of each official lineage. Meanwhile, the ability score improvements are no longer an aspect of the essence of a lineage.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
The whole tracking thing for the survey was annoying. I did the survey through Twitter with Firefox and the only way someone else in my house could also take the survey was to use the link from the Facebook post while using Chrome. What a pain.

And different birth months, but the exact same secret questions. So yeah, I now think everyone is seeing the same product.
Where was this tracking thing? I got the question about whether I agreed to keep it private and not talk about it, and when I said yes it just went on to show me the product. I never saw a threat about tracking IPs.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I just don't see them doing 6E when they have huge year after year growth unless they are worried about some of the problematic elements?
A new edition can be a small-ish bump, like we got midway through 1E and 2E. In this case, I think it's going to be a 2024 edition with revised core books that incorporate things like the Tasha's approach to races and some of its "alternate" class features.

Then we got to the secret squirrel part, I watched the very slowly narrated video, said I could understand it, and then got booted out with no questions about it.
Yeah, same. I thought it bugged, but perhaps they just rudely boot people with wrong birth month or ones who don't like dwarfs?

Remove ads

Remove ads