D&D 5E New WotC Survey! Learn About A New D&D Product!

WotC has launched a new survey about the future of D&D. This survey includes an NDA (which some people have not taken to well!) halfway through, which asks you not to talk about the survey on pain of being tracked down and fined, but it's about an upcoming (unannounced) new D&D product. You can find out what it is by taking the survey (or it's all over social media aready).

ZeshinX

Adventurer
I'd like to see them open up the license for D&D video games. By that I mean let devs who express an interest make a game using the D&D license, but don't force them to attach it to some WotC-driven storyline or force it to be canon. Just let them tell stories, either in their own settings, or established ones. It can be non-canon to the various settings. The Baldur's Gate games were non-canon for quite some time...it was only quite a while after their popularity they were integrated into the printed setting.

This "everything's connected" a la MCU approach...no one's duplicated it yet, nor are they likely to. WotC has a plan here, and they're following it, and good for them (honestly), but it severely limits my interest (and I doubt I'm alone that way) when just about every product has to revolve around some annual theme (which is both specific and as generic as possible) and so much is tied to digital endeavors. Enough. Seriously, enough.

Variety is the spice of life, and while options in various media is awesome...enough with the forced (bi-)annual themes.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
No secret questions/NDA for me either, probably because I said I didn't use D&D Beyond or the official D&D Discord. If they only knew how much time I spend on Roll20, they'd realize I'm exactly the kind of person they want to be asking about this stuff.

dave2008

Legend
No secret questions/NDA for me either, probably because I said I didn't use D&D Beyond or the official D&D Discord. If they only knew how much time I spend on Roll20, they'd realize I'm exactly the kind of person they want to be asking about this stuff.
No survey for me and I do use DnD Beyond, so you can check that off the criteria list.

Oofta

Legend
I spent money on DndBeyond, hardcover books and VTT but not discord. I don't plan on gaming online again in the future, but that's a different issue. Never got asked about birth month or had an option to watch a video. So who knows.

Remove ads

Remove ads