D&D 5E New WotC Survey! Learn About A New D&D Product!

WotC has launched a new survey about the future of D&D. This survey includes an NDA (which some people have not taken to well!) halfway through, which asks you not to talk about the survey on pain of being tracked down and fined, but it's about an upcoming (unannounced) new D&D product. You can find out what it is by taking the survey (or it's all over social media aready).

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Thank you!

I admit, that's kind of cool. However, I will not sub for it, as I imagine its going to be a monthly fee and then you have to buy each book individually, and I already own almost all of them in hardcover and on roll20. I'm not buying them a third time.
It is going to be tough, IMO, to get anyone that has paid a lot of money 2-3 times already to convert. Very tough.

The question is, what percent of VTT users is that? I've bought almost nothing outside DnD Beyond (and some VTTs to test).

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I was starting to wonder whether the survey was set up kind of like a national census, where everyone gets the "short form" and a set perecntage of households (or respondents, in this case) randomly get the "long form" with more in-depth questions.

Then I saw that @Morrus had managed to get to the NDA three times running, which either blows my theory up or means he's on a hell of a lucky (unlucky?) streak. :)

It's also occurred to me that I was never asked my birth month, which others seem to have been. What's with that?

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Digital tools?

I guess since I spent $0 on digital stuff for D&D (unless my Zoom subscription counts) but spent over $300 on minis in the last 12 months, my PoV isn't gonna be that helpful.

Sir Brennen

Legend
Digital tools?

I guess since I spent $0 on digital stuff for D&D (unless my Zoom subscription counts) but spent over $300 on minis in the last 12 months, my PoV isn't gonna be that helpful.
Yeah, I didn't see any additional content or NDA, and I also answered that question with $0.

I have used Roll20 extensively during the pandemic, but only the free version. I have, however, bought lots of digital maps and even software to create them, just not specifically for D&D, and not any sort of subscription.

Arilyn

Hero
I took the survey and wasn't asked about any NDA. I was not shown any new products either. Maybe cause i'm not in the USA. No bigee. I would have taken the survey anyway. I like to help :)
I didn't get shown the new product, but my husband did. We don't live in the US either.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
I took the survey and wasn't asked about any NDA. I was not shown any new products either. Maybe cause i'm not in the USA. No bigee. I would have taken the survey anyway. I like to help :)
I'm in the US and didn't get the NDA or new products thing, either.

Remove ads

Remove ads