D&D 5E New WotC Survey! Learn About A New D&D Product!

WotC has launched a new survey about the future of D&D. This survey includes an NDA (which some people have not taken to well!) halfway through, which asks you not to talk about the survey on pain of being tracked down and fined, but it's about an upcoming (unannounced) new D&D product. You can find out what it is by taking the survey (or it's all over social media aready).

funny enough, that was my #1 "does not appeal" to me I listed.

Also, I kept waiting to rate dissatisfied for halfling darkvision like every other race gave an option for, but never got that question for the halfling. Figures.
Halflings dont have darkvision though. It was a constant source of irritation in our "Three and a half 'lings" party, with three tieflings and the halfling always needing a light source to ruin night ambushes.

Erdric Dragin

Adventurer
Just get a Guy Fawkes mask and post on YouTube ad Anonymous.
It's easy to let it leak, people have VPNs now LOL I would, but I never got any sort of NDA requirement. It asked me a bunch of questions about level of satisfcation with the PHB Races and their abilities and that was it. No video (as some people said there was) and no NDA.

It's got an algorithm set up where if you answer the questions a certain way, then you'd get the NDA stuff.

I think it's because I stated I only played D&D 5e at least once a month within the past year. Maybe they didn't care about my opinion because I don't play their current edition enough? (and, if they asked why, I can easily write a term paper on why I find a couple of their earlier editions far superior than 5e and my level of 5e gaming is delegated to pre-teens since it's good for that).

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Anyone else feel like we should have made WOTC sign the sign a NDA when entering how much you spent on minis and terrain in the last 12 months?
I just kept putting in bigger and bigger numbers. They probably think this IP address is affiliated with someone with an actual job....not a guy that makes 70 bucks a month on DMSGUILD.....(I'm fine, don't worry).

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I got the NDA and the video, but no sound, so I got no questions about it. :(

I would guess a critical determining answer might be how much time you spend DMing? I answered 75%.

Hussar

Legend
Based on my experience with how WotC handled the 4e thing once 5e came I would be very cautious about getting another subscription for a WotC product. Maybe if it turned out very convenient and also allowed me to easily export a pdf or similar of my character. I currently have multiple 4e characters on my computer that I will never be able to view again...

Maybe I should also start looking into how I would do to export my Roll20 character sheets in case I had to find a new platform with just a couple of days available.
Ahh, see, now, I let my sub lapse before the 5e release, so, it never really affected me that way. But, I could see how people might be put out by that.

OTOH, I never had any problems with the online character generator, the rules data base or anything like that. I'm not sure why people are saying that Gleemax was a big failure. AFAIK, it was a pretty strong success with a hundred thousand subscribers or so. Not bad at all.

Hussar

Legend
I did get the video, although got kicked after not hearing any sound and then saying I could still understand what they were advertising. :D

Must admit, it looks very, very cool.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
I think it's because I stated I only played D&D 5e at least once a month within the past year. Maybe they didn't care about my opinion because I don't play their current edition enough? (and, if they asked why, I can easily write a term paper on why I find a couple of their earlier editions far superior than 5e and my level of 5e gaming is delegated to pre-teens since it's good for that).
That's definitely not it. I answered that I play once a week and exclusively 5e (when playing D&D). I didn't get the cool stuff in the survey, either.

Remove ads

Remove ads