newbies guide for Fallout 4

Zardnaar

Legend
Loving getting back into the game on Survival. Totally changes the way I play.

Also found a brilliant video for developing Hangman’s Alley that turns it from a cramped corridor to a vast palace. The rest of the series are pretty good too. Surprisingly easy to listen to and follow. For new players it also does a good job of teaching the pillar and rug techniques.

I’ll be honest I love building. Making a place your own and really kitting it out is an awesome part of the game if you have the patience.

I prefer playing the game without mods. Glad the update fixed Automatron.

I tens to do the bare minimum in hangman ally. More stability issues tbh.

It's location is the best.

Zardnaar

Legend
Zards dumbest Survival mode build.

For SM generally a 6 ir 7 intelligence SPECIAL score is great. That's to easy though.

Introducing the sprinter. Simple build 10 endurance, 2-3 everything else except agility. Probably want to go automatic or rifleman your choice. Aquire endurance buffing clothing.

Sea captains hat in a boat in the river SE of Greygarden, child of atom clothing in junkyard near Corvega.

Advantages
Tanky by survival mode standards
You can run a long distance.

Downsides.
Everything else.

10 endurance you can sprint from Sanctuary Hills to concord.

18 endurance Sanctuary hills to Lexington. One rest you can almost make it to diamond city depending on the route.

21 endurance sprint at will.

This is generally before you get vertibirds or institute teleportation.

How to kill stuff. Figure it out or run away. Nothing can really catch you.

Once you get 5 pieces of strength +endurance armor, dirty wastelander, drugs, special serum melee becomes very viable. You can get your strength over 60 but 30+ is usually good enough.

Atoms judgment? Why bother just use a combat knife. Everything dies in one hit regardless.

Added challenge glowing sea naked. Combine with keep what you kill and no farming playstyle for added challenge. Aquaboy for more mobility and the perk that let's you eat irradiated food.

Pipegun Only Survival mode.

As it says. You can use any legendary ones you find (no farming legendaries though). Beat the game. Far Harbor and Nuka World using pipe weapons only. Hint low intelligence helps you don't want to level fast. Commando, Rifleman or Gunsinger your choice.

Never found an explosive pipe weapon.

Last edited:

Remove ads