D&D 5E Next (3rd book of the year) endless speculation thread

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Lantan, modrons, and spelljammers are probably around the corner in some capacity.

Back in 2017 September, Chris Perkins and Matt Sernett had a Dragon Talk where they discussed the significance of Lantan being included on the poster map included with Tomb of Annihilation, and got into how they'd like to see it used, and Chris dropped that it (Lantan) would appear in a future product.

I’ll assume the future products in question already dropped. Dragon Heist featured Lantan and Dungeon of the Mad Mage featured a spelljammer ship.

Scribe

Legend
I want a Gatewatch’s Guide to The Multiverse, which would be full of planar adventure stuff, spelljamming vessels, a chapter on Sigil, and chapters on worldbuilding with different example worlds, some from D&D, some from MtG.
Please please no. Absolutely loathe the Gatewatch concept, and mixing that with Sigil/Planescape would be the absolute worst timeline.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Please please no. Absolutely loathe the Gatewatch concept, and mixing that with Sigil/Planescape would be the absolute worst timeline.
You hate the idea of a group of planeswalkers that try to keep the multiverse from exploding? That's an extremely strange thing to hate, my dude.

But anyway it is already mixed. There just hasn't been a book focusing on it. There is a planeswalker in Eberron. Canonically. Omin Drahn has been to Ravnica, and lives in Faerun. Canonically.

The MtG universe and the dnd universe are one thing.

pming

Legend
Hiya!

Again, I don't care as long as it isn't Greyhawk or Mystara. I would like to see how they do Dragonlance...other than that, I'll probably pass no matter what it is.

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Scribe

Legend
You hate the idea of a group of planeswalkers that try to keep the multiverse from exploding? That's an extremely strange thing to hate, my dude.

But anyway it is already mixed. There just hasn't been a book focusing on it. There is a planeswalker in Eberron. Canonically. Omin Drahn has been to Ravnica, and lives in Faerun. Canonically.

What level is Jace?

And no, I suppose I dont hate the concept of it, but I absolutely hated what it did to Magic, its presentation, and its story. :)

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
What level is Jace?

And no, I suppose I dont hate the concept of it, but I absolutely hated what it did to Magic, its presentation, and its story. :)
What level is Elminster? In 5e, he doesn't have a level.

Also wholly irrelevant. They're in the same multiverse, canonically.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
How about a Spelljammer/Planescape book for 2022 that would include a few pages each on a bunch of different planes and planets, similar to how the Ravenloft book will include a bunch of different Domains?
I’m reading through the 4E Manual of the Planes, The Plane Above, and The Plane Below. There’s so much amazing stuff in there. So many hooks and plots and potential for adventure. I would love one of those taken, expanded on, and turned into a planar AP. Followed by a 5E Manual of the Planes.

Remove ads