• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Next (3rd book of the year) endless speculation thread

hopeless

Adventurer
What I'd like to see is a Feywild AND Shadowfell book technically they're practically polar opposites of each other and I'd like some theme to tie them together if only to explain the Shadar-Kai and the feyborn.
What are the effects of characters being born in either plane?

dave2008

Legend
Hiya!

Again, I don't care as long as it isn't Greyhawk or Mystara. I would like to see how they do Dragonlance...other than that, I'll probably pass no matter what it is.

^_^

Paul L. Ming
If you going to pass on it unless it is dragonlance, why do you care if they do Greyhawk or Mystara?

hopeless

Adventurer
A Greyhawk setting book to go with Ghost of Salt Marsh is the only product I'm interested in.
Well if they do release that setting it will make me interested in picking up the Ghost of Salt Marsh book!
Well I'm not interested in the Candlekeep book or the new domain of dread sorry Van Richstein book.

hopeless

Adventurer
what is the appel of greyhawk again?
What is the appeal of Greyhawk I assume you meant?
Oh there is so much that could be said about that setting to me its almost as old as Mystara and was used in the 3.0 edition.
The Village of Hommlet, the Temple of Elemental Evil were tied there at one stage.
Good lord the only problem is how to handle that without altering something essential to the setting.
Dragonlance in comparison has limitations those original scenarios was intended for the cast of the books after all.
I know its expanded quite a bit since then but how to release that without marring that premise?
With Greyhawk there's a bit more room to move and like Mystara lots of adventures to call upon if you need some inspiration!
But would they want the baggage that comes with them?

What is the appeal of Greyhawk I assume you meant?
Oh there is so much that could be said about that setting to me its almost as old as Mystara and was used in the 3.0 edition./
Lots of things are old, like outdoor toilets. It's not a reason to want them back.
The Village of Hommlet
Hommlet is so full of high level NPCs they have no good reason to hire adventurers. Which is good, because there is nothing interesting happening there. Besides, you can set rubbish boring adventures in any Genericfantasyland.
, the Temple of Elemental Evil were tied there at one stage.
With it's lets-draw-some-nonsensical-lines-on-graph-paper-and-call-it-a-temple design. Should win an architecture award!
Good lord the only problem is how to handle that without altering something essential to the setting.
Such as including modern innovations, like plot, and logic.
Dragonlance in comparison has limitations those original scenarios was intended for the cast of the books after all.
Only an issue with the adventures, not the setting.

You see, I am old enough to remember Greyhawk, and for some reason I don't have opaque rose-tinted nostalgia glasses.

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
What I hope to see this year at the very least:

• Candlekeep Mysteries (module anthology)
  • Van Richten’s Guide to Ravenloft (campaign guide to classic setting)
  • Volo’s/Mordenkainen’s type with an emphasis on dragons and fey (plus new PC races)
  • the latest Magic: the Gathering World (crossover campaign guide with new sub-classes)
  • Feywild adventure

Remove ads