• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NG vs. N: Neutral Good Victorious!

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Daniel the monadic deva floats in, his feet not touching the floor of the arena. A nimbus of light flares around him, as he rises effortlessly into the air. He gestures towards Dino with a gentle smile on his face, and calls out instructions in celestial for the mustevals.

(Free: Activate protective aura, MEA: to 30N25E30Z, SLA Hold Monster on Dino)
Musteval 1 (70N20E-5Z) Pop up, two magic missiles at Dino, Pop down.
Musteval 2 (60N15E-5Z) Pop up, two magic missiles at Dino, Pop down.
Musteval 3 (85N20E-5Z) Pop up, two magic missiles at Dino, Pop down.
Musteval 4 (70N05E-5Z) Pop up, two magic missiles at Dino, Pop down.

PJSlavner

Explorer
Dino takes 29 points of damage from the missiles. Dino has 215 HP remaining, and stops moving (rolled 18 Will save).

Round 575

Gansk will let us know what comes in next.

Gansk

Explorer
Round 575: A 20 foot long creature, as tall and wide as a storm giant, enters the arena. It is covered from head to tail in layers of thick, spiked plates. Two gnarled limbs end in razor-sharp claws, and its single eye reflects constellations in its depths. Below the torso is a serpentine armored tail that seems to stretch off into infinity.

Daniel's studies reflected history, nobility, and nature. Thus he doesn't recognize this monstrosity.

Both Daniel and Dino are shaken by the creature's presence. (Rolled 18 & 19 Will saves)

Daniel's nimbus of light disappears.

The creature flies to 20N40E30Z and claws Daniel with ease. (Rolled 40) Daniel's DR does not kick in, and he takes 22 points of damage. The creature holds on and pulls Daniel into its square (rolled 56 vs. 20 Grp).

Daniel has 73 hp left.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
OOC: EEeeeeeeeeeccccckkkkkk!
(And I was feeling pretty confident in the Deva)

Daniel struggles to fly away (attempt to rise to 20N40E75Z, and execute a spell to escape (Ethereal Jaunt, executed defensively))
Musteval 1 (70N20E-5Z) Pop up, two magic missiles at The Monstrosity (TM), Pop down.
Musteval 2 (60N15E-5Z) Pop up, two magic missiles at TM, Pop down.
Musteval 3 (85N20E-5Z) Pop up, two magic missiles at TM, Pop down.
Musteval 4 (70N05E-5Z) Pop up, two magic missiles at TM, Pop down.

Infiniti2000

First Post
OOC: I think the 1e Manual of the Planes has a picture of the astral dreadnought. That is one of the best pictures I've ever seen for a D&D book.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
PJSlavner said:
Daniel is being grappled by something really big, so I do not thing he will be able to fly up.

Yeah, I know. I don't know if even a 20 vs 1 roll will make a difference but I figure I might as well try.

I'll be curious to look at see how other alignments dealt with the thing after the fight.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads