D&D (2024) No Dwarf, Halfling, and Orc suborgins, lineages, and legacies

it is better to have a vision and stick to it sometimes people can be wrong in their tastes till the thing is complete and I heard some just vote against it because they desired to keep dnd free from it
True, WotC are a bit too sensitive to community reaction sometimes. Psionics, and hence Dark Sun could have been done. Some people would hate the new version, but that was always going to happen no matter what.

In the AD&D book of elves this told they come from an original planet where something happened, and let's say they learn't to respect Nature in the hard way.

Dark Sun needs a lot of strategic choices, for example about the metaplot of the Pentad Prism, or if options of new PC species and classes from later editions to be allowed. Maybe the Athasian Tablelands could be affected by Vecna's actions. If in the future the alternate timelines become canon in D&D, then they have to choose what would be possible in the Athaspace.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
True, WotC are a bit too sensitive to community reaction sometimes. Psionics, and hence Dark Sun could have been done. Some people would hate the new version, but that was always going to happen no matter what.
I loved the mystic the broken in both ways, but never implemented, the unlucky 14 class.
needed more time in the oven and a way better way to be explained mechanically needed a core party nich(I say it should compete with the cleric and other divine casters).
it did not help it felt more out of obligation than passion.

I loved the mystic the broken in both ways, but never implemented, the unlucky 14 class.
needed more time in the oven and a way better way to be explained mechanically needed a core party nich(I say it should compete with the cleric and other divine casters).
it did not help it felt more out of obligation than passion.
The trouble is, the internet only has two settings: awful and wonderful. "Promising but needs more work" isn't on the dial.

The trouble is, the internet only has two settings: awful and wonderful. "Promising but needs more work" isn't on the dial.
Often it is like this, but WoTC surveys are badly formulated too. They're usually just asking whether you like the thing and how much, but there really isn't a good way to indicate why that might be and what you would like to be improved.

Remathilis

Legend
Yeah. That’s pure 3pp territory there. WotC is far too concerned with ensuring everything can be used with everything else.
As well they should be. I cannot fathom why people would expect WotC to sell books that are incompatible with their other books. Settings like Dark Sun that stray so far from the PHB core should have been separate games.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
yeah I hate the lack of nuance explanations as to why, really hurts trying to figure out what to do.
Often it is like this, but WoTC surveys are badly formulated too. They're usually just asking whether you like the thing and how much, but there really isn't a good way to indicate why that might be and what you would like to be improved.
shame I could not complete my course on survey design as then I would be able to tell them how to do it.
As well they should be. I cannot fathom why people would expect WotC to sell books that are incompatible with their other books. Settings like Dark Sun that stray so far from the PHB core should have been separate games.
given darksun still use most of the core options it changes nothing past adding on top.
worst case deemphasize things helps as elves do not always need to be core to a setting so to speak.

Remove ads