• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E No update to Basic today?

Barantor

Explorer
No offense, but the corporate twitters are notorious for being wrong in a variety of subjects especially when it comes go video games and entertainment.

Follow mikemearls on twitter if you want the real scoop. He said that they were going to try for this weekend but it depended on what they got done this past week.

Also, it is free stuff they are giving you so....?

Evenglare

Adventurer
No offense, but the corporate twitters are notorious for being wrong in a variety of subjects especially when it comes go video games and entertainment.

Follow mikemearls on twitter if you want the real scoop. He said that they were going to try for this weekend but it depended on what they got done this past week.

Also, it is free stuff they are giving you so....?

Am I really getting reamed for complaining that I called them out on what they official twitter said was wrong!? Seriously? I was right and everyone jumps on me!? I said I'll deal with what they gave me and I accept that they were wrong but people said I was wrong, and I'm still getting crap for it when I was clearly right!? What the hell??

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Completely and utterly untrue. My source.
So, please don't tell me they didn't say what they clearly did. I can accept they were wrong, but they DID say it. Please don't call me a liar.[/QUOTE]

Please read closely. I said, "I don't think anyone has quoted them as it being *today*,"

In fact, doctorhook had mentioned the tweet. So, my thought was incorrect*.

But this was never about "liar". There is NOTHING in my post that suggests you were willfully trying to mislead anyone - just that you might be wrong. There is a major difference between a suggestion that you might be incorrect, and an accusation that you are lying. In the future, you should take much more care to differentiate between them when you read.

*Partially, in that they said they had a plan - they did not make a promise to deliver.

Please read closely. I said, "I don't think anyone has quoted them as it being *today*,"

In fact, doctorhook had mentioned the tweet. So, my thought was incorrect*.

But this was never about "liar". There is NOTHING in my post that suggests you were willfully trying to mislead anyone - just that you might be wrong. There is a major difference between a suggestion that you might be incorrect, and an accusation that you are lying. In the future, you should take much more care to differentiate between them when you read.

*Partially, in that they said they had a plan - they did not make a promise to deliver.
FWIW, although it's not labeled as "Basic Rules", the "Work In Progress" note at the top of page 2 seems to suggest (IMHO) that these rules may be a part of what will be added to the Basic D&D file next week.

For my money, I'm willing to give WotC a pass on this one. They posted free supplemental rules for magic items, monsters, and spells all on the very day of the advanced release of the adventure they're meant for. Admittedly this supplement may not be an obvious source to new D&Ders, but then we're still 10 days ahead of general release. I'm confident that any folks who were playing 5E yesterday will be pleased with the new free material available today.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Completely and utterly untrue. My source.

https://twitter.com/Wizards_DnD/
11:22 AM - 8 Aug 2014 : We are planning an update to the #dnd Basic Rules today, and another one hopefully early next week.

So, please don't tell me they didn't say what they clearly did. I can accept they were wrong, but they DID say it. Please don't call me a liar.

[video=youtube_share;AfX_oDzOxsc]http://youtu.be/AfX_oDzOxsc[/video]

Remove ads