Nocturne of Sorrow, Orsal J

jaker2003

Explorer
Jace asks, Could the good people of Monemvassia provide me with nine pounds or so of trail rations? Eating food you already have is always faster than searching the fields for a meal.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Most certainly. We will provide all that you need," Frump agrees graciously.

*Eventually, everyone is prepared and stocked up. They have the rest of the day to themselves. The following morning, Gloria tries to gather everyone together and bring them to Rayne.*

"Right then. The two lightest of you will be Teleporting from inside my Bag of Holding to avoid the limit on the number of creatures I can bring along," Rayne instructs.

*Once the two lightest (Gloria and Quozen?) get inside, she issues a series of dimensional magical spells of great power, and the group watches as the world spins and melts away, first onto a field, then eventually into a dead and blackened badlands with leafless dead trees and minor scrub brush the only foliation. Eventually, the Teleporting stops and Rayne retrieves the people from the bag.*

"Okay, you'll need to wait 70 minutes for me to conjure the steeds. Take a nap if you can or something, since you'll be staying up late tonight."

*In a little over an hour, seven phantasmal flying horses appear, each one keyed to one of the party members.*

"Ride hard and you may yet see the Monastery in the light of the new dawn. Farewell, adventurers. May you be safe, and return heroes when we meet again."

thegreyman

First Post
Dorrin rests for most of the time required to summon the ethereal horses, although he does try to keep up his card playing skills with anyone who would like to.

"Thank you, Mistress Rayne for the aid in beginning the quest. With Grendath's blessing, we will indeed be victorious."

Bison

First Post
Droggle falls asleep easily. The teleportation, had him a bit out of sorts, but the extended nap seems to have done him wonders. but as he mounted the phantasmal steed, he felt a new discomfort come on. He worries about falling off of the thing in mid flight. It was difficult enough for him to ride a horse on land.

ethandrul

First Post
I suggest spread out- about 30 feet apart, at least 1500 but at different altitudes - though feet up. full speed ahead- if we spot danger- we move towards each other at a downward forward angle. aiming for the tree line or water. i plan to strap myself securely to my "horse" so if i lose my grip i don't die

Remove ads