Nocturne of Sorrow, Orsal J

thegreyman

First Post
ooc: I think Dorrin'll stay close to the ground. Anything that can catch us can kill us anyways, so why not just move?

Just above tree level should do it really, keep close together so we don't lose sight of anyone during the night, and start hustling those horses.

Last edited:

Bison

First Post
OOC - well just above the treeline is likely just as fatal, but somehow perhaps psychologically easier to deal with.

thegreyman

First Post
ooc: No, just above the treeline is only 20 feet, which is easy for everyone to live through even at max damage. 200+ feet kills us with minimum damage.

Besides, what happens if we would pass the monastery in the night? A low slung building would be missed at over 80 feet, and I don't think we wanna wander around down here missing the objective.

jaker2003

Explorer
OOC: I think the consensus is running the tree line. Maybe we can talk the monks into a night’s room and board, so the 3 clerics can conference before morning prayers.
Maybe we should have asked for everburning torches? Then we could've hung them below the steeds to view the ground.
As is, we'll have to rely on the dwarves' 60' darkvision and Quozen's low-light vision. We should probably stay within 60' of the ground for safety's sake.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Okay, sounds good)

*The group flies about twenty feet above the ground and continues for nearly a full day flying at such incredible speeds that even when they do spot what might be creatures below, there is hardly any time to react as the group whizzes past. By now, everyone except Droggle, who proves to have exceptional endurance as is typical for dwarves, and Quozen, who didn't need as much sleep anyway, are Fatigued by the long journey. Still, the monastery should be only a few hours away, as the sun begins to peak out from behind the pall of darkness that suffuses everything in this awful place.*

*Suddenly, Quozen spots a fleeting movement at the edge of his vision in the premorning gloom, and two razor-sharp bones impale his Phantom Steed, causing it to wink out of existence. The elf manages to Tumble and roll with the fall, barely hurt from the impact.*

*The source of the attacks is a pair of strange creatures, they look a bit like kites, except Quozen, with the acuity of his elven eyes, can see that the part where a kite would have cloth is made of a material with the texture, colour, and consistency of human flesh, dotted with haphazard maws filled with maws of razor-sharp teeth, and the creatures seem to be bound together with sharpened bones, some of which they can apparently fire off at range. Still, the things don't seem to be too fast. If some of the group wished to flee and abandon Quozen, they would have no problem doing so.*

(OOC: Quozen takes 2 Damage.

Initiative:

Quozen
Valan
Enemy1
Jace
Hasin
Gloria
Enemy2
Droggle
Dorrin )

jaker2003

Explorer
OOC: 4th on the initiative list, Wonderful :(

Ok, Jace turns his steed back toward Quozen (if he can) and pulls heavy crossbow from the top of his pack and draws a bolt. If I have any action left, (and I doubt it) Jace casts light on the bolt and fires it near (but not too close) to Quozen. I'm trying to give Quozen a light so we can all see what's happening.
Here's an attack roll if you want one: attack roll and dmg (aiming @ empty space) (1d20+1=14, 1d10=2)

Last edited:

jaker2003

Explorer
OOC: as long as the bolt doesn't strike rock (and I'm assuming it won't 'cause Quozen isn't dead), the bolt should survive to illuminate the area. Quozen could even pull it up to throw closer to his opponents.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: You can control the steed to move up to 240 feet with Good manoeuvrability as a move action, then draw the loaded crossbow. Or you can just not move the steed, draw the loaded crossbow, and cast Light.)

jaker2003

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: You can control the steed to move up to 240 feet with Good manoeuvrability as a move action, then draw the loaded crossbow. Or you can just not move the steed, draw the loaded crossbow, and cast Light.)
OOC: I think I'll go with option #2, I can always move in closer later, the humans need the light now.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases