Nocturnum OoC I

Majin

First Post
UPDATE - 5/16 - It looks like one of our players dropped. If someone else is interested we've got a spot open for one more. Agent type is preferred but I won't hold you to it if you have a better concept.

Well it's that time again. Time to start up a new campaign.

I'm looking to start up a long-running CoC campaign, centered around the Nocturnum mega-adventure, with a short trip to "Paradise" beforehand in order to get everyone aquainted with each other, (and Robert) ;)

I'll be accepting up to 6 players. I've gotten two takers interested before setting this up already, so that makes the remaining slots available 4. The game will start in the D.C./Baltimore area in the U.S. but your characters can come from anywhere if you prefer.

The Nocturnum campaign is known to be a little action heavy, but I will be keeping this to a minimum. Up front, this is going to be a heavily story-driven adventure, so quite detailed writing is encouraged. Combat/stats will not have as large an influence as the way you play your character and the investigation side of things, so keep that in mind if you choose to throw your hat into this and join up.

The era is modern. 35 Point buy (You'll need it) HP will go by the 75% of your HD, Low/High system, except for first level of course. Anyone who is interested, write me up a short character concept and we will go from there!

The situation so far:

Characters finalized - 2 of 6

Hipp - Gabriel - Architectural Historian
Insight - Vincent - Artist/Psychic

Concepts Introduced - Character Sheets Pending

Dhes - Dunstand - Hacker
ae1vart0n - ??? - Parapsychologist
Committed Hero - ??? - Agent

Concepts Pending

Velmont - ??? - ?Tough?

Wild Cards

doghead - Bruder - ???
Rhialto - ??? - ???/Psychic

*Note* Still looking for those interested in joining. It's always good to have others in case we have another dropper. :)

Last edited:

Majin

First Post
Welcome Hero! I do have a few positions that would be preferable. Hipp will sort of be our main research guy and has claimed an interest in being the first to go insane with mythos spells. The other one who's already joined and should be posting shortly is Dhes, who will be our resident computer hacker. Here are other possibilities that will greatly help:

Doctor/Psychiatrist - For obvious reasons
Agent FBI/CIA/NSA/etc. - For secret story reasons and also the ease of free travel and rent-a-cars.
Some form of psychic - Story reasons.

If these don't interest you, feel free to pick something else, as we still have plenty of spots left to fill these roles.

Dhes

Explorer
Knock knock, who’s there? It’s me your puter haxor.
Il be putting up a character a.s.a.p.
Hi all hopefully this game won’t make me/us to insane, well not more than normal.

hippocrachus

First Post
Here's my character sheet for review:

[sblock]Gabriel Lloyd Silber
Architectural Historian (1)
Pagan American
Height: 6’0”
Weight: 160lbs
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Brown
Skin: Olive

STR: 10 (0)
DEX: 12 (1)
CON: 14 (2)
INT: 17 (3)
WIS: 15 (2)
CHA: 10 (0)

HP: 8
AC: 11
~ Touch: 11
~ Flat-Footed: 10

(2) Fortitude: 0 + 2
(3) Reflex: 2 + 1
(4) Will: 2 + 2

Sanity
Current: 75
Maximum: 99
Restore Maximum: 75

(1) Initiative: 1 + 0
BA: 0
~ (0) Grapple: 0 + 0

Weapons
Pocketknife – 0 (1d3) 20x2

Skills
(3) Concentration – 2 + 1 + 0
(0) Cthulhu Mythos – * + 0 + 0
(0) Diplomacy – 0 + 0 + 0
(1) Gather Information – 0 + 1 + 0
(4) Hide – 1 + 1 + 2
(7) Knowledge (Architecture) – 3 + 4 + 0
(7) Knowledge (History) – 3 + 4 + 0
(5) Knowledge (Engineering) – 3 + 2 + 0
(6) Knowledge (Anthropology) – 3 + 3 + 0
(3) Move Silently – 1 + 0 + 2
(10) Research – 3 + 4 + 3
(3) Search – 3 + 0 + 0
(2) Spot – 2 + 0 + 0

Feats
Skill Emphasis (Research)
Stealthy

Languages
English
German
Latin
Greek

Possessions
Pocketknife (.5lbs)
~ Type: Piercing
~ AB: 0
~ Damage: 1d3
~ Critical: 20x2
2-Piece Suit
Silk Tie
Trench Coat
Docksiders
Fedora
Quad-band Cellular Phone
Good Laptop
Digital Camera
Leather Gloves
Attaché Case
Pocket Watch
Cigarette Lighter

Speed: 30ft

Moneys
$5108.52
Salary
$30000

Background
Gabriel was born in Baltimore, Maryland in the John Hopkins Medical Center. He grew up in the suburbs of the roiling harbor city with his mother, father, and two sisters as the middle child.
He studied history and anthropology at Towson University, where he received his Bachelor’s in Anthropology. Wanting to see more of the world before furthering his education, Gabriel studied abroad for a few years in Greece, Austria, and Germany. In Europe, Gabriel discovered a new-found love for architecture and the pagan gods of ancient civilizations. He returned to the States and attended the University of Maryland, where he majored in architecture and received his Ph.D Architectural History.
After graduating from the University of Maryland, Gabriel started writing his first book titled: The Empire’s Holy Roman Foundations (his agent doesn’t get it). He is currently a professor at the University.

Personality
Gabriel has the obnoxiously witty traits of a Capricorn. He isn’t overly trusting of strangers and tends to keep to himself; all that time spent in libraries has awarded him a keen ability to keep quiet and out of sight. Those that do earn his friendship find him loyal, generous, and easy to get along with despite his argumentative behavior.
In Europe, Gabriel fell out of his Jehovah’s Witness mentality to be replaced with beliefs nobody seems to remember anymore. All of those temples to ancient gods seemed to alienate Gabriel from a monotheistic perspective.
Gabriel has other eccentric tastes including an affinity for music a generation older than him, an interest in ancient games, and an adventurous “Indiana Jones” spirit.

Description
As a professor at a well-renowned university, Gabriel dresses himself professionally. He tends to keep business casual attire. He’s usually seen working studiously on his book on his laptop. He wears a brown fedora because he claims it makes him look like Harrison Ford; his younger sister says it makes him look just as old.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Majin

First Post
Looks ok for the most part Hipp. I will talk to you more directly tommorrow about some things I'd like added.

Hero, how're you coming with your concept?

Still some spots left people. Any takers?

Majin

First Post
The modern book isn't being used, the Call of Cthulhu d20 book is. Not too much is different but there are some things you should know. E-mail me at timoan (AT) comcast (DOT) net and I may be able to help you out.

Phyrrus

First Post
I will send you an e-mail later on tomorrow after my shift at work is over, but I was thinking along the lines of a char who sort of gets sucked into this without knowing what he was really signing up for.

Maybe a drinking buddy of one of the chars who is out of work and could use a change of scenery? He could be ex-military/government, or even still in and assigned to one of the chars to observe them.

Anything like that sound useful?

Remove ads