• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Nolzur creates inclusive miniatures, people can't handle it.

Kurotowa

Legend
I am sure the art direction of the 2024 rulebooks will be strongly focused on inclusion and diversity. Let's just hope they have better "sensitivity readers" than Spelljammer...
As I understand it, the problem with Spelljammer is they weren't paying for their sensitivity readers to read the whole thing. Instead, only the sections that were internally flagged as possibly concerning were submitted for a reading. Which is of course a confirmation bias loop, as the bits they didn't flag weren't given a sensitivity reading and thus never highlighted as having issues.

So, blame typical short sighted cost savings. They've said their policy has changed because of this, and they're now having the entire book get the sensitivity reader treatment.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Then call it out on the same platform it happens on; I don't want EN World to become another RPG.net, filled with self-righteous snarking about social media crapulence.

The EN World community's standards are already established. Posts like this don't help with that.
You’re not a moderator. Never tell your fellow members what they may or may not post. I hope that’s clear.

jgsugden

Legend
I can handle steampunk leg braces or magic hover belts, no issue with that.

But I am one of the people who can't handle the dungeon wheelchair. At least make it a dungeon mechanical spider leg chair.
Out of curiosity - why? Why can't it be a wheelchair? Why would magical spiderlegs be better than magical wheels?

I'd ask those that are uncomfortable with this mini to flip the script and see if they can be creative enough to find a place for an NPC cleric like this in their setting. Why would a cleric not heal their own legs? How would a cleric in a wheelchair operate? How would you make it fit into your setting.

As a reminder, we saw Bran in a wheelchair in GoT, right? There were priests in that setting that raised the dead - but Bran was in a wheelchair. And he was a pretty powerful magical being, in the end, and stayed in his chair.

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
Out of curiosity - why? Why can't it be a wheelchair? Why would magical spiderlegs be better than magical wheels?

I'd ask those that are uncomfortable with this mini to flip the script and see if they can be creative enough to find a place for an NPC cleric like this in their setting. Why would a cleric not heal their own legs? How would a cleric in a wheelchair operate? How would you make it fit into your setting.

As a reminder, we saw Bran in a wheelchair in GoT, right? There were priests in that setting that raised the dead - but Bran was in a wheelchair. And he was a pretty powerful magical being, in the end, and stayed in his chair.
I could be wrong but I think @Yora was joking.

Remove ads