Nominate your favorite TTRPG podcast of 2022

As December's end approaches, it's that time of year again -- where we take nominations for your favourite TTRPG podcast of the year!

rpg_podcast.jpg

Every year on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast, along with this website, we hold a giant poll to find out what are the most favourite tabletop RPG podcasts of the year. The voting is divided into two categories -- TALK, and ACTUAL PLAY -- and each years, two podcasts win and enter the HALL OF FAME. Once a podcast has entered the Hall of Fame, it is no longer eligible in future years.

ACTUAL PLAY podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. TALK podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Here are last year's winners -- Miskatonic University Podcast, and Sweden Rolls. Who will take the crown and join the Hall of Fame for 2022?

How To Nominate
  • Post your nomination as a reply to this thread.
  • One nomination per person per category.
  • Must have released at least 3 new episodes in 2022.
  • Include the podcast name (be accurate) -- and a LINK to the show's website. If I have to search for it I’ll just move on! No linky, no nommy.
  • Note which category your nomination is in -- ACTUAL PLAY or TALK.
  • PODCASTS, not YouTube channels or Twitch streams.
  • It cannot be your podcast or one you are involved with.
  • Its primary focus must be tabletop roleplaying games.
  • If a group puts out multiple podcasts, they are combined into one nomination.
  • Those which have won before are not eligible.
  • Please say why, as we read those comment out on the show.
Nominations will be open until Friday December 30th. After that the shows will be put to the public vote and the winners announced on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast.

Be sure to follow the above rules. I’ll only be compiling valid nominations which do so!

Previous Winners
These podcasts won in previous years and are now in the Hall of Fame. They are not eligible this year.

chinayquay

(she/her/hers)
RPGBOT.Podcast for best Talk podcast. The folks there put out great content that dive deep into how to really take advantage of the mechanics of tabletop RPGs to bring your game to life. I really like their coverage of newly released content, and you can really feel how their own history with tabletop informs the way they think about these games. Plus they do a lot of cool and interesting interviews with people on all different sides of the industry.

Last edited:

n107

First Post
I'm going to have to go with "Continuing Conversations" in the Talk category. It's about the Star Trek Adventures TTRPG by Modiphius and it's the only podcast that I have stuck with (easily) during the entire year. So much great content, great interviews and a lot of the love for the material.

Splinterverse

Explorer
Publisher
I'd like to nominate Tabletop Journeys (Tabletop Journeys - Make your next role legendary). They offer a diversity of content, including actual plays, interviews with D&D third party creators, reviews of official WotC releases, as well as coverage of other TTRPG games and pop culture topics. Also, unlike a lot of podcast interviewers, the team really studies their subject before an interview so you really learn something rather than feeling like the interview is just fluff. On top of all of the above, they release new episodes frequently.

Kalabajooie

First Post
I've heard some great actual plays, and my favorites have done nothing but improve over the course of the year, but my nomination is one that I feel deserves more attention, The Orpheus Protocol. It started as a handful of friends play testing a new system the GM was developing for a Kickstarter, but the chemistry of the players and the richness of the world has made the podcast so much more. Near-impeccable audio and tight editing and scoring certainly help.

gialloneri

Villager
I'm nominating for Actual Play - The Grim Podcast of Perilous Adventure. Grim Podcast of Perilous Adventure

It's a WFRP playthrough of the Enemy Within campaign. It's one of the few podcasts I legit look forward to every week. The group is super-fun to listen to, not afraid to goof around but also playing the characters and the story with seriousness and authenticity. It's professionally edited and each episode averages an hour, which is a perfect amount of time to be able to get through an episode in one go.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases