Nominate your favorite TTRPG podcast of 2022

As December's end approaches, it's that time of year again -- where we take nominations for your favourite TTRPG podcast of the year!

rpg_podcast.jpg

Every year on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast, along with this website, we hold a giant poll to find out what are the most favourite tabletop RPG podcasts of the year. The voting is divided into two categories -- TALK, and ACTUAL PLAY -- and each years, two podcasts win and enter the HALL OF FAME. Once a podcast has entered the Hall of Fame, it is no longer eligible in future years.

ACTUAL PLAY podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. TALK podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Here are last year's winners -- Miskatonic University Podcast, and Sweden Rolls. Who will take the crown and join the Hall of Fame for 2022?

How To Nominate
  • Post your nomination as a reply to this thread.
  • One nomination per person per category.
  • Must have released at least 3 new episodes in 2022.
  • Include the podcast name (be accurate) -- and a LINK to the show's website. If I have to search for it I’ll just move on! No linky, no nommy.
  • Note which category your nomination is in -- ACTUAL PLAY or TALK.
  • PODCASTS, not YouTube channels or Twitch streams.
  • It cannot be your podcast or one you are involved with.
  • Its primary focus must be tabletop roleplaying games.
  • If a group puts out multiple podcasts, they are combined into one nomination.
  • Those which have won before are not eligible.
  • Please say why, as we read those comment out on the show.
Nominations will be open until Friday December 30th. After that the shows will be put to the public vote and the winners announced on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast.

Be sure to follow the above rules. I’ll only be compiling valid nominations which do so!

Previous Winners
These podcasts won in previous years and are now in the Hall of Fame. They are not eligible this year.

kessir

First Post
My nomination goes to The Lucky Die Podcast.
It is by far the most ambitious indie Actual play I've heard, offers an immersive worldbuilding with amazing story and character arcs, in fact very vulnerable character arks. The chemistry of all the players is absolutely phenomenal, very heavy subjects are handled extremely respectfully, the comedic moments are absolute gold, and every PC and NPC is so well crafted and played in a way I've rarely seen on other actual plays. The Podcast also has an extremely good recording quality and is completely scored, which makes the experiences even more immersive.

bouncyhead

Explorer
As December's end approaches, it's that time of year again -- where we take nominations for your favourite TTRPG podcast of the year!

Every year on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast, along with this website, we hold a giant poll to find out what are the most favourite tabletop RPG podcasts of the year. The voting is divided into two categories -- TALK, and ACTUAL PLAY -- and each years, two podcasts win and enter the HALL OF FAME. Once a podcast has entered the Hall of Fame, it is no longer eligible in future years.

ACTUAL PLAY podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. TALK podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Here are last year's winners -- Miskatonic University Podcast, and Sweden Rolls. Who will take the crown and join the Hall of Fame for 2022?

How To Nominate
  • Include the podcast name (be accurate) -- and a LINK to the show's website. If I have to search for it I’ll just move on!
Nominations will be open until Friday December 30th. After that the shows will be put to the public vote and the winners announced on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast.

Be sure to follow the above rules. I’ll only be compiling valid nominations which do so!

Previous Winners
These podcasts won in previous years and are now in the Hall of Fame. They are not eligible this year.

In the TALK category I’d like to nominate The DM’s Book Club. Fiona & Hamilton read DnD books and discuss how they can enrich their games.

Bad Sintax

Villager
In my opinon, there are no greater ACTUAL PLAY podcasts than those produced by the Glass Cannon Network. They have taken a genre that can be very hit or miss, and have turned it into an entire network of amazing content, shows, cast members, production value, and stories. The flagship podcast is the Glass Cannon Podcast, but they also have so many other shows (I know they are combined into one nomination), that I would be remiss to not mention them. They produce a show using the Delta Green rules called Get in the Trunk that was my favorite piece of content this year - and when I say favorite piece of content, I mean across all forms of media - movies, television shows, games, podcasts, everything. If you haven't listened before, I highly recommend you start. The GCP (Glass Cannon Podcast) 1.0 came to a close on May 17, 2022 with Episode 326 after having completed the entire Pathfinder 1.0 Adventure Path Giantslayer. They have been working on the transition to Pathfinder 2.0 since then, and the main feed is now running the 2.0 version of Strange Aeons (another Pathfinder AP). They will be starting the new Pathfinder AP Gatewalkers in the early new year. I love these shows so much I am a monthly Patreon supporter. I buy their MERCH for god's sake! I have a hat and a shirt!

The reason they are the best is that the participants, both the core 5 and the new players brought on in the other shows, are amazing at creating stories together using elevated storytelling techniques, voice acting, incredibly amazing comedy and wit, and exploration and interaction of characters that are second to none. I listen to their shows every day and feel like they are my friends. They also have a live show tour in the US, but I woud probably fan-boy out if I ever met them, so it is probably best I stay home.

CAN'T RECOMMEND THEM ENOUGH!

Last edited:

Bill-door

Villager
Actual play: The Billowing Hilltop. Billowing Hilltop Productions – A bunch of ancient Brits playing Dungeons & Dragons
A group of experienced UK D 'n' D players (Reference Jonny, 43+ years by now I expect) regale us with their groups hilarious antics as they progress through Paizo's Age of Worms adventure. Mike's varied voices (ref Hooves, the Lizard folk) add to the entertainment. Certainly kept me (and I expcet the other 13 readers) from going bonkers over the past few years. (Now I'm only slightly insane) Well worth listening and subscribing. (Oh, and if you hear Jonny at any con, buy him a pint!)

MrDrRobotoMan

Villager

How To Nominate
  • Include the podcast name (be accurate) -- and a LINK to the show's website. If I have to search for it I’ll just move on!

Previous Winners

I would like to nominate the STF Network for their Apollo Protection Agency TTRPG podcast in the Actual Play category. Apollo Protection Agency — STF Network These 5 friends from the southern United States have great chemistry. The banter before each episode cracks me up every time. The gameplay is action packed and engaging. The players do an awesome job of bringing their characters to life and forming real bonds between each of their characters. This is a great podcast and I would recommend everyone to check it out and enjoy the ride. 😁👍

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Plundergrounds by Ray Otus in the TALK category

Why? Because Ray talks old school RPGs, classic SF/Fantasy novels, modern TTRPGzines, and just seems like an all around nice guy. He also interacts a bunch with his listeners, which I really appreciate.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases