Nominate your favorite TTRPG podcast of 2022

As December's end approaches, it's that time of year again -- where we take nominations for your favourite TTRPG podcast of the year!

rpg_podcast.jpg

Every year on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast, along with this website, we hold a giant poll to find out what are the most favourite tabletop RPG podcasts of the year. The voting is divided into two categories -- TALK, and ACTUAL PLAY -- and each years, two podcasts win and enter the HALL OF FAME. Once a podcast has entered the Hall of Fame, it is no longer eligible in future years.

ACTUAL PLAY podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. TALK podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Here are last year's winners -- Miskatonic University Podcast, and Sweden Rolls. Who will take the crown and join the Hall of Fame for 2022?

How To Nominate
  • Post your nomination as a reply to this thread.
  • One nomination per person per category.
  • Must have released at least 3 new episodes in 2022.
  • Include the podcast name (be accurate) -- and a LINK to the show's website. If I have to search for it I’ll just move on! No linky, no nommy.
  • Note which category your nomination is in -- ACTUAL PLAY or TALK.
  • PODCASTS, not YouTube channels or Twitch streams.
  • It cannot be your podcast or one you are involved with.
  • Its primary focus must be tabletop roleplaying games.
  • If a group puts out multiple podcasts, they are combined into one nomination.
  • Those which have won before are not eligible.
  • Please say why, as we read those comment out on the show.
Nominations will be open until Friday December 30th. After that the shows will be put to the public vote and the winners announced on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast.

Be sure to follow the above rules. I’ll only be compiling valid nominations which do so!

Previous Winners
These podcasts won in previous years and are now in the Hall of Fame. They are not eligible this year.

Jacob Vardy

Explorer
Morrus' Unoffical Tabletop RPG Talk show.
Talk
Reasons:
  • It has wonderful ad reads by Malik the Maleficent.
  • It provides all the TSR news.
  • The hosts provide some really interesting insights into game design and the business end of gaming. The last of which i'd normally be adverse to but the hosts still make it interesting.
  • Apparently Jessica and Peter will have to put up with Morrus sulking if the show does not get nominated on their own forum.
EDIT Morrus’ Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk

Last edited:

Me and Steve Talk RPGs. [Link to their podcast at the Apple Store.] RPG Talk Podcast.
Steve and Steve are gamers that love to talk about the variety of tabletop RPGs available to play. I enjoy their takes on the different components of the RPG industry. In addition, they are joined by some great guests like Chris Spivey, Eddy Webb, Gavriel Quiroga, Wade Dyer, and many more including myself. For general RPG interests, Me and Steve Talk RPGs is a great podcast.

Random Task

Explorer
Actual Play: The Redacted Reports - a great Delta Green podcast played straight, most humor is in-character gallows type. Everyone is in character almost all of the time, sound quality is also excellent.

Talk: Ken and Robin Talk About Stuff - Ken Hite and Robin Laws, erudite polymath game designers, entertainingly talk about all kinds of stuff - RPGs, game design, history (lots of history), media and film etc.... If you're not interested in what they're currently talking about, just wait until the next segment and see if it grabs you. For instance, I personally never knew how interesting historical occultist rivalries of the 19th century were, but now I do thanks to Ken and Robin.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
For a forum focused on games, that require a reading of rules, I am always surprised by the percentage of posts in these nomination threads where it's clear people have not read the rules

The way some folks respond it's like "Oh Dungeons and Dragons?!? I would love to play a dragon that builds dungeons! My first play is to draw a card and construct a beautiful fountain!"

(also, I have been guilty of this myself 🤣 )

Abstruse

Legend
I nominate Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk. I listen to it on Sundays, going to and from my weekly D&D game, and it's always good.
Morrus' Unoffical Tabletop RPG Talk show.
Talk
Reasons:
  • It has wonderful ad reads by Malik the Maleficent.
  • It provides all the TSR news.
  • The hosts provide some really interesting insights into game design and the business end of gaming. The last of which i'd normally be adverse to but the hosts still make it interesting.
  • Apparently Jessica and Peter will have to put up with Morrus sulking if the show does not get nominated on their own forum.
Psst! Folks! No linky, no nommy. No nommy, I have to edit around Morrus complaining. I know that you know that we know the link, but the rules are the rules. What, do you think social media sites can just arbitrarily change the rules for their polls just to get the results the site owner wants?

I'd like to nominate the ACTUAL PLAY podcast Ain't Slayed Nobody. Not only is their main show arc extremely fun (and funny) and suspenseful and full of awesome mythos weirdness and a great cast, they also have been doing some really cool side stories and one shots with some really cool guests (Becca Scott, Ross Bryant to name a few!)
The GMs are SO GOOD (usually "cuppycup" and sometimes Scott Dorward who if you don't know is a Call of Cthulhu legend). You can tell a LOT of love goes into the show, including some of the best production I've ever heard in an actual play podcast (really good audio, plus music, sound effects, and voice actors doing the NPCs)
They totally deserve recognition in the TTRPG universe. 👏

LINK: Ain't Slayed Nobody | Call of Cthulhu Podcast

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases