North Carolina Game Day -- THE AWESOME AFTERMATH!!!!

Mulkhoran

First Post
Quasqueton said:
If it looks like we've got more DMs than needed, I can drop my gladiatorial matches and become a player. I was offering my game for "walk ins" and anyone else who didn't want to sign up for a formal game. I figured there wouldn't be enough folks signing up for DMing, so I was stepping up.

Unless some were particularly looking forward to the arena matches, I can join Henry's d20 Modern game, and probaby the d20 Star Wars game.

So, what should I do? Should I DM the arena fights, or be a player in others' games?

Quasqueton

Well, that's hard to say, it's more your call than ours. My only point of view is that people who've been involved with this here on the boards or email obviously should have some assurance that they're going to be able to show up and have fun. More so than people just walking in the door, that is.

Sorry, Q, I know that doesn't help a lot, but if you feel like there's not enough interest in your gladiator combat, I don't think anybody would hold it against you. Of course, who knows? They could all be closet psychopaths :p

The bottom line is people deserve to have fun. Let me know, after all, 'Quick Draw Schedule Changer' is my middle name.....or something..... :D

Last edited:

Henry

Autoexreginated
I wish to take a slot in Hopping vampire's d20 Star Wars game. I've been itching to play a Star Wars game, having DM'ed it but never played it.

As a backup, if we do not have a full slot for that game, I will likely bring along some extra board-game material to play.

It appears also that one of two things will happen: either the turnout will be so spare we will all be able to fit in one room, or there will be a lot of last-minute attendees, and we will need some filler quickly.

drowdude

First Post
Can we possibly make this thread stick to the top of the boards for the time being?

Maybe some of the people who showed intrest early on just arent catching this thread when they log in... just a thought...

Quasqueton

First Post
Since this thread is about/for gamers in NC, I hope it is not improper to advertise for my own game.

I'm in Cary/Raleigh, and I'm trying to get together a new game group for a new campaign. If you live in the area, and are looking to join a game, contact me

I have a couple players showing interested right now, but I'd like to get 4-6 total.

Thanks.

Quasqueton

Last edited:

Hopping Vampire

First Post
what is the exact policy on walk ins, cuz i know a bunch of people that would come, but arent members of the boards, should i get them to register here or what?

Mirith

First Post
Looks interesting, i'll spread the word to those i know, tho I won't be there that day unfortunately.

Tho the night before a group of us are holding a talk about the different systems and settings for RPGs, 7pm or so Lee Hall Classroom. This is part of the kick off for below. Feel free to drop by, we are covering all of the major systems that i know of.

Hey, For those in the NCSU area, interesting concept that we have just started, a gaming forum to get gamers together with GMs...
http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/ncstaterpg/

Shameless plug i know, but i'm tired of seeing not enough DMs and too many players, so i might as well try something.

Mirith

drowdude

First Post
Personally, I think that anyone who comes should at the very least be registered here... the more people who just randomly show up via word of mouth, the less like an "*ENWorld* Game-Day" it is gonna feel.

Mulkhoran

First Post
I'll just say what I've been saying all along - since this is more of a community get-together than a big, advertised con, we really need to slot and assign people ahead of time. They can sign up here, or email me at ginguy_2000@yahoo.com . Although, if it ends up being a lot of people not from ENWorld, I'm not sure how much of a "community" event it would be.........

I don't think we'll really have the capacity to set up something for the walk-ins, although some of the boardgames mentioned could develop well.

Last edited:

Remove ads