• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

November--What are you reading?

Steel_Wind

Legend
I'm reading A Feast for Crows by George RR Martin!! We couldn't wait until Tuesday and my wife bought the ebook version. At least this way with the option to use it on another computer, we can read it at the same time and so have avoided that fight.

A long, long five year wait.

AIM-54

First Post
Pielorinho said:
Your girlfriend will appreciate this anecdote, then--my masters-in-history wife said she found it "amusifying."

In one of my education classes, the professor was having us do an idiotic activity that culminated in telling one another one thing we knew about "The Revolutionary War." Being a smartaleck, I told my partner, "There were lots of different Revolutionary Wars. The French one involved guillotines." (I should've specified which French one, I know). My partner giggled and said, "I don't know anything about the Revolutionary War--who was President then?"

I looked at her disbelievingly and, once I realized she was serious, said, "Uh, there wasn't a President. That was kind of the whole point."

"Oh, okay," she said, "then who was President after the war?"

"YOu mean the first president?"

"Yeah! Was that George Washington?"

Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce you to the woman who will be teaching your children.

Daniel

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Wow. That's a great story! :lol:

MonsterMash

First Post
Flexor the Mighty! said:
The Stars My Destination - Alfred Bester

I loved Demolished Man so I thought I'd give another one of his classics a shot. So far so good!
Both of those are great books

Currently this month I am reading Nostromo Joseph Conrad, Fifth Elephant Terry Pratchett, 3.5 PHB, MM, DMG.

Orius

Legend
I'm still plowing through the Wheel of Time to get all refreshed and everything before I start on Knife of Dreams. It takes a while even skipping over the irrelevant parts and the recaps that are in the earlier books.

delericho

Legend
Finished "The Two Swords" last night. It was a standard Drizzt book, with all the good and bad that goes with that.

Next up:

Novels: "The Wee Free Men" and "A Hat Full of Sky", both by Terry Pratchett.

Game: "Silver Marches", "Faiths and Pantheons" and "Player's Guide to Faerun" in some order, followed by the Serenity RPG.

Other: The book of Job, followed by Psalms.

Pants

First Post
Started reading Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman yesterday (on a plane ride). I should finish it tonight.

After that... A Feast for Crows will be devoured beginning Tuesday! Mwahahaha.....

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
JD: I'm coming to your house and stealing your books. Fair warning.

I just spent the weekend reading The Collected Calvin and Hobbes, all three volumes. Literally every piece of comic art associated with Calvin and Hobbes -- all the newpaper comics, all the book covers and all the interior pieces he did for the treasuries. Along with a new introduction by Watterson (and one of his more recent paintings).

Unbridled joy is the only way to describe. Inspirational, hilarious and deeply moving. I consider myself profoundly fortunate to have grown up with that six-year-old and his tiger in the papers every day.

I picked up The Moon Maid by ERB and Slavelords of Cydonia from Bad Axe, both at my local used bookstore. Hurrah!

barsoomcore said:
JD: I'm coming to your house and stealing your books. Fair warning.
Er...
barsoomcore said:
I just spent the weekend reading The Collected Calvin and Hobbes, all three volumes. Literally every piece of comic art associated with Calvin and Hobbes -- all the newpaper comics, all the book covers and all the interior pieces he did for the treasuries. Along with a new introduction by Watterson (and one of his more recent paintings).
Maybe we can arrange some kind of trade? Other than Bloom County, I don't remember anything else about comic strips. C&H was a foundational part of my youth.

Although, sadly, I wasn't all that young anymore when I read it. :heh:

Remove ads