Now "Anyone" can be a Dungeon Master!

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Found this on Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0471783307/104-5203154-8819153?v=glance&n=283155&s=books&v=glance

Dungeon Mastering For Dummies® (Paperback)
By Bill Slavicsek, Rich Baker

Book Description
Everything you need to know to run your very first campaign, from shaping storylines and even writing your own adventures to dealing with unruly players and characters. There's also guidance on how to make the transition from 3.0 to 3.5, the current version of D&D, which released in 2003.

Includes useful 6-page gatefold cheat sheet with the most commonly used tables, codes, and spells that the Dungeon Master needs for easy reference at the gaming table.

Paperback: 360 pages
Publisher: For Dummies (April 10, 2006)
Language: English
ISBN: 0471783307

Sammael

Adventurer
I may buy it for the cheat sheet alone.

And if this doesn't indicate that 4e is not coming, I don't know what does.

farscapesg1

First Post
I think I'll probably pick that one up. About that time I will be taking a break from gaming to be a first-time dad. By the time I start gaming again I may decide to try my hand at DM'ing a new group.

TheGM

First Post
Sammael said:
I may buy it for the cheat sheet alone.

And if this doesn't indicate that 4e is not coming, I don't know what does.

Wow, that's as bad as saying that "Since Hasbro put out book X or didn't put out book Y, it's the harbinger of 4E".

Note the publisher - an Imprint of Sams Publishing. Nothing to do with Wizards or Hasbro, it says nothing about their plans. Proves nothing, quit hoping.

ssampier

First Post
*sheepish grin*

I have been DMing for about 10 years or so (on and off different groups, very few "real" campaigns). i can see myself buying this. My ideal Dungeon Master for Dummies book would be a hybrid between Ray Winninger and Monte Cook's "Dungeon Craft" series of articles in Dragon then Dungeon and Robin Laws "Robin's Laws of Good Gamemastering".

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases