Now "Anyone" can be a Dungeon Master!

Mystery Man

First Post
TheGM said:
Note the publisher - an Imprint of Sams Publishing. Nothing to do with Wizards or Hasbro,

Indirectly it does actually.

Rich Baker is one of the writers, a WoTC writer. Who has been quoted saying they do not have plans for 4E etc etc.

Psion

Adventurer
Knightfall1972 said:
Everything you need to know to run your very first campaign, from shaping storylines and even writing your own adventures to dealing with unruly players and characters.

So, does it help those DMs who can't run a game who have run games before. ;)

Psion

Adventurer
TheGM said:
Note the publisher - an Imprint of Sams Publishing. Nothing to do with Wizards or Hasbro, it says nothing about their plans. Proves nothing, quit hoping.

Do you seriously beleive it has "nothing to do with Wizards or Hasbro"? I beleive if it did, there would be a lawsuit pending...

I would be seriously surprised if the manuscript for this wasn't cobbled up in WotC's Renton offices, on a WotC owned computer.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Truth Seeker said:
Let me say the honest truth...not everyone can be a Dungeon Master, even with this book. ;)

And that is the truth.

I'd say that anyone can be a Dungeon Master. It only takes the select few to be a DAMN GOOD one! :D

ajanders

Explorer
Psion said:
Do you seriously beleive it has "nothing to do with Wizards or Hasbro"? I beleive if it did, there would be a lawsuit pending...
For a book on how to write D&D adventures, design settings, and manage players?
If creating that kind of material could trigger lawsuits, this site would be buried so deep in lawsuits and cease-and-desists you couldn't dig it up with a mattock of the titans.
(Or possibly not: I'm not a lawyer. But the line was too good to miss.)
Mind you, I'm sure they've properly managed the words "D&D" with a trademark notice: that would cause trouble. But third-party supplemental manuals have been around for a very long time and used for systems and products much less open in their sourcing without any problems. This, I submit, is no different than a Scrabble Dictionary.

Psion said:
I would be seriously surprised if the manuscript for this wasn't cobbled up in WotC's Renton offices, on a WotC owned computer.
Then it would be two hardcover books -- maybe three -- and over 100$. I can't concieve of WOTC letting someone write that, then sell it that cheaply under someone else's label.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases