• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Now, I don't mean to go off on a rant here...

Tellerve

Bran Blackbyrd said:
"You can major in GameBoy if you know how to BS."

You know the sanscrit line came from a movie, PCU, right? Very fun movie by the way. Maybe ya knew, but couldn't tell.

As for archtypes, what about the excess role-player...we'll call him the Shakespearian. He/she just goes way over the top when role-playing to the point it looses the appeal of role-playing as you stare in amazement as they keep flourishing and flourishing...even if they character isn't one to do so.

Tellerve

Henry

Autoexreginated
I would have to choose the AK-47, also. (1) I'm married, and that avenue is taken care of, and (2) even if I were so inclined, I'd look like a middle-aged perv. :)

I gotta say, though, Biohazard: Where the heck do you run into these types!?!?! I know you're exaggerating a little, because I've never seen either! Gun-happy, yes, but upset that a scenario would find guns to be useless? Can't say as I've ever run into a player who was like that ALL the time.

Of course, my last d20 Modern game ended in tragedy, because the players had all had a hard week at work. :) Think the ATF / Branch Davidian Standoff, only ten times worse, and involving a Dark Young of Shub-Niggurath. :(

Sherlock

First Post
Shy One
This player knows the rules backwards and forwards. He/She can mini max a character for the utmost combat effectiveness. During a game, they sit quietly waiting for combat. You cannot get a word out of them otherwise. To get them to roleplay is like pulling teeth. If you run a session without combat, they will not say a word the whole time.

DarkSoldier

First Post
Sherlock said:
Shy One
This player knows the rules backwards and forwards. He/She can mini max a character for the utmost combat effectiveness. During a game, they sit quietly waiting for combat. You cannot get a word out of them otherwise. To get them to roleplay is like pulling teeth. If you run a session without combat, they will not say a word the whole time.
Sounds a lot like me.

Shard O'Glase

First Post
The psych major: these guys analyze everything about how everyone else plays the game. They can't ever have any fun because they are too busy exagerating others quirks and obsessing about how there problems are wrecking there games.

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
Tellerve said:
You know the sanscrit line came from a movie, PCU, right? Very fun movie by the way. Maybe ya knew, but couldn't tell.

"Oh come on, that was way more than a hundred pounds."
Yeah, I knew. :D

Sherlock said:
Shy One

We have one of these but in addition to being too shy to RP, he doesn't know the rules very well.

Remove ads