• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Number Of GMs Per Group?

S'mon

Legend
The club I play at typically has around 10 people GMing at any one time, with around 40-50 people playing, some in several games. Of the players in the two games I currently GM, 2 people also GM; others may do so in the future. I have previously GM'd for lots of other people who also GM.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
8 players in my current game (well, one moved away a couple of months ago, but I'll include her for completeness sake).

4 guys, 4 girls in the gaming group.

I DM regularly - probably every other week to 1/month since 1989 with a few breaks (I plan on taking a nice break after my current game ends this winter)

1 of the women DM's often, and has run campaigns from 1st to 10th + level in the past. Another of the women DM'd frequently as well. The other two have DM'd occasionally, but not much.

Of the 4 guys two are frequent, experienced GM's. One of them will probably be starting up a game when I wrap mine up. Another player has DM'd quite a bit in the past, and the last has DM'd a little, but by far the least of all the guys.

Another former player from the group was also a frequent DM, but works weekends (having opened his own comic shop a few years ago) so doesn't get to game much, unless its a D&D meetup at his store.

sjmiller

Explorer
I am involved in two groups, with me being the only overlap in the groups.

In my main group, we have 10 people. I am the DM and the rest are players. One player has run games for other people, but not this group. One player, at my request, ran a game of Classic Traveller for the group for a couple sessions. Other than that, I do not think any have run games anywhere, nor do they plan on running one for this group. This is much to my regret, as I would love to play sometimes instead of running things.

In my other group, the size of the group fluxuates from as low as 4 to as many as 10. The core group of 5 has the DM who has run a campaign for the group for 20+ years. I have also run games for the group while playtesting Gaslight: Victorian Fantasy. We also had a brief run of Call of Cthulhu by one of the non-core players. The rest of them do not appear to have the desire to run a game.

Zelda Themelin

First Post
2-4 depending on group. 2 males/2 women. My sister used to dm when she was much younger but I doubt she wants to do it again.

I used to play in groups of around 12 people where everyone was dm:ing in their turn different games, but I kinda got too busy to attend.

Argyle King

Legend
The main group (typically) meets on Saturdays and consists of 8 members. Of those 8, 5 regularly DM; 1 other member has DMed in the past, but has not done so in a while.

One of the guys from that group who DMs has a game which he runs on Sundays. As far as I know, his group consists mostly of people who are new to the idea of rpgs, and he's currently the only DM.

I am currently running a game on Wednesdays; the Wednesday group consists of 6 members (including myself.) Out of that group, 4 (including myself) regularly DM.

If it matters... Saturday's group is currently running a Palladium Heroes Unlimited game; I am running a D&D 4th Edition game on Wednesdays, and the guy who runs the Sunday game is also running D&D 4th Edition. While I do not attend the Sunday group, I have helped write some of the story for the game.

Remove ads