• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Number Of GMs Per Group?

IronWolf

blank
Our group of five has two people that will GM a longer running game - myself and one other. We have another two people that will GM, though they seem to tend towards one-shots or shorter campaign arcs. The latter two tend to help fill the gaps between the longer running campaigns. It works out well for us.

Gilladian

Adventurer
In my face-to-face group, we're down to 3 people. Both have GMed in the past; one would just as happily never DM again, and the other is a co-dm in my second game, online.

I lost my other two players because one of them (they're father and son) wanted to start running a game for his son and friends; they didn't have time for both games, sadly... (and his rogue died AGAIN)...

In the online group, we're currently 4 players/DMs rotating through a Call of Cthulhu game with constantly reincarnated characters. We're down to the last scenario, and the DM is showing great reluctance to get going... I hope it doesn't fall apart.

When we're done with that game, my brother and I will take over running a rules-lite game online for the 4 of us.

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
Out of our group of six, we have three who are usually eager to be the GM. There are two more who I would say prefer playing over GMing but are willing to GM. And then there's me who just doesn't have the passion for GMing.

Dice4Hire

First Post
M<y group has had three players for over a decade, with occasional additions, plus one new guy who has been really steady for six months or more now.

One friend and I regularly DM, though I was the only DM for about the first 6-7 years.

He wanted to try and it worked out very well. I got to play!!!!

The new guy seems like he might want to DM someday, but is brand new to gaming, so it might be a while.

The last guy who has bee in our group forever is one of those don't read the rules types and will never DM.

NEVER.

Crothian

First Post
Our group of five has two people that will GM a longer running game - myself and one other. We have another two people that will GM, though they seem to tend towards one-shots or shorter campaign arcs. The latter two tend to help fill the gaps between the longer running campaigns. It works out well for us.

That sounds exactly like my group! That's quite scarey! ;)

Hussar

Legend
My group also sounds a lot like Iron Wolf and Crothian's. Of the six of us, two of us run longer campaigns, and three of the other four have run something in the past year or so.

It's nice to be back where I started. When I first started gaming, we always had to fight over the DM's chair because we all wanted to run something. Now, we're back in that same boat where someone else is always chomping at the bit to run something.

Remove ads