Oathbound : Homecoming (full up)

Kahuna Burger

First Post
kirinke said:
thankies for the link brother shatterstone.
Could I join in the game? and if so, i have several questions
what are the current characters/classes/levels?
what do you allow? IE: starting level, prohibited races etc.
What does the current party need? ;)

*may have put foot in. whoops...
heh.

i can roleplay. really!

next question....
what ruleset do you use? 3.0 or 3.5?

Most of your questions can be answered in first couple pages of the thread. Some standard races are prohibited due to the setup, and I'm open to considering just about anything. The rulesset is a hybrid, 3.5 classes but mostly 3.0 basics. The characters already included are scattered about this thread, plus a bard belonging to Argent who has apparetly gone missing. :\ If he is truely out, there is an opening.

Bore yourself silly reading and give me a character concept. :p The game is in the introductory stages on the playing the game forum if you want a feel for how its going.

Kahuna Burger

kirinke

First Post
hmm... character concept....
i was playing around with the idea of a half-celestial possessed by a lawful good demon. (the half-celestial is chaotic good).

when she was very young, she was taken prisoner by a rather evil cult set on ressurecting a very nasty hell-god. the catch was they needed her and a demon sacrifice (i was thinking pit-fiend). the demon they did get however was a former demon-lord turned lawful-good after centuries of self-introspection. the final act of his becoming lawful-good was sacrificing himself to save the half-celestial elf and preventing the ressurection of the hell-god.

during the self-sacrifice, the demon accidently possessed the half-celestial. The demon used his own powers to make sure she doesn't quite realise she's possessed. (because the demon is lawful good, he will generally not do anything other than offer carefully couched suggestions and the occasional help that looks like a wierd coincidence)

The demon has never manifested himself, nor is he likely to do so. It would have to be truely major for him to reveal his presence. The powers of heaven decided to do this to prove that he really has changed and is intent on staying lawful good.

paladins and other suchlike creatures are generally jumpy around her for some reason they can't put their name on (hay, even though the demon is good, it's still a terrifying demon)

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
kirinke said:
hmm... character concept....
i was playing around with the idea of a half-celestial possessed by a lawful good demon. (the half-celestial is chaotic good).

hrm. I'd have to take a look at the LA for half celestial template (and make a final ruling on it) and know what the theoretical abilities of the possessing demon would be. (or decide for myself and play the possessing demon, which would be as likely.) Even though his personal allignment has turned to good, my general take on allignment would leave the character with a oddly slanted evil aura, which she would probably attribute to the backwash of nastyness from being a front row observer to a major vile ritual and demonic death. I'd also like to know her class(es) before approving the character.

The main trick is that having her base race be elf wouldn't work for the ages needed. (all characters are between 20 and 23 years old). Half elf would work, or halfling if you want the dex bonus.

Kahuna Burger

kirinke

First Post
that's ok as far as the elf base race. the concept i was thinking of would be better suited to human as a base race anyway....

plus, the possessing demon wouldn't manifest his powers that much and then, only minimally. part of his atonment/test is a test of restraint, humility and allowing mortals free-will. thus, he won't manifest unless he absolutly, postively has to. he won't take over her body unless she's wills it or is incapacitated for some reason. then he'll only take her over long enough to get both of them out of said unpleasent situation. And also, that would mean, restraint, restraint, restraint.... an odd concept for a demon type.

I think the ECL for a half-celestial would be +5. For an Aasimar it would be +1.
I would like to probably play an Aasimar. That wouldn't unbalance things too badly. (the demon would mostly be there for roleplaying fun and games and also cruel DM plothooks. ^_^ i punish myself terribly.... sigh. :D )

maybe a Ranger/Cleric? having such an unpleasent trauma at an early age would bend her towards the religious side of things.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
kirinke said:
that's ok as far as the elf base race. the concept i was thinking of would be better suited to human as a base race anyway....

plus, the possessing demon wouldn't manifest his powers that much and then, only minimally. part of his atonment/test is a test of restraint, humility and allowing mortals free-will. thus, he won't manifest unless he absolutly, postively has to. he won't take over her body unless she's wills it or is incapacitated for some reason. then he'll only take her over long enough to get both of them out of said unpleasent situation. And also, that would mean, restraint, restraint, restraint.... an odd concept for a demon type.

I think the ECL for a half-celestial would be +5. For an Aasimar it would be +1.
I would like to probably play an Aasimar. That wouldn't unbalance things too badly. (the demon would mostly be there for roleplaying fun and games and also cruel DM plothooks. ^_^ i punish myself terribly.... sigh. :D )

maybe a Ranger/Cleric? having such an unpleasent trauma at an early age would bend her towards the religious side of things.

We could use a dedicated wilderninja for the outdoorsy skills and missile fire. I'd prefer a tree pirate for roleplay but but I'm not sure how you'd execute that mechanically :)

Remeber 7 levels including ECL (six if you want to make xp costing items), high stats but low money to start.

KB I just wanted to remind you I'm heading towards the sacred exorcist prc so this concept will probably lead to interactions when I get detect evil.

Will good demons still detect as evil because they have the Evil descriptor? That's the way I've run it in my campaigns and the way the reformed demons operate in Mythic Races but this is your campaign.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Voadam said:
Will good demons still detect as evil because they have the Evil descriptor? That's the way I've run it in my campaigns and the way the reformed demons operate in Mythic Races but this is your campaign.

As a cleric you would normally get to detect good or evil now if you felt like it, though you chose the spontaneous route... Not to ruin any suprizes, but the character would register on a detect evil spell and a detect good spell - the evil would have an odd 'slant' to the aura. The demon is and always will be supernaturally evil despite his mundane allignment - but a cleric of a good diety who also happens to be an asimar would be supernaturaly good. Allignment can be fun stuff, nicht whar?

Kahuna Burger

kirinke

First Post
lol. if you go the route of an exorcist, you're character is going to run into a migraine.... i'd think the powers that be would resist having a reformed demon exorcised, especially since the point of the possession is to teach said demon a bit about restraint, humility etc.....

i think this concept is going to be fun to roleplay.... :cool: no worries though. the character will be a very nice and cooperative type. ^)^

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
KB,

Which rules are going to be 3.0 and which 3.5?

Classes you have said are 3.5.

How about spells?

How about feats like spell focus and TWF?

How about monster DR?

Does getting up from prone provoke an AoO?

Remove ads