• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Obi-Wan Kenobi (spoilers)

pukunui

Legend
Fair enough!

Further thoughts:

*Should we know who any of the dead people (were they all Jedi?) in amber were? The only one I (sort of) recognized was the kid in the youngling outfit. I’m guessing the inquisitors preserved the bodies as trophies.

*Did Reva give us some clues in her convo with Leia that she was indeed one of the younglings from the cold open? She talked about having had a droid that was taken away from her - sounds like something that would’ve happened when she was taken to the Jedi Temple.

*The Nur gate security guy didn’t comment when Tala mentioned the Grand Inquisitor so does that mean he’s still alive?

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
*Should we know who any of the dead people (were they all Jedi?) in amber were? The only one I (sort of) recognized was the kid in the youngling outfit. I’m guessing the inquisitors preserved the bodies as trophies.

*The Nur gate security guy didn’t comment when Tala mentioned the Grand Inquisitor so does that mean he’s still alive?
1) According to an Italian Star Wars fan site, two of the "aliens" were likely to be Master Coleman Kcaj and Tera Sinube.

2) Another explanation might have been that the death of the Grand Inquisitor has been kept secret for the rank and file. In any event, in some why he must come back or not be really dead since I don't think that they want to invalidate Rebels.

Last edited:

The organization was only in existence for the 19 years in between Order 66 and the original movie, and none of the ones with an actual title of Sister or Brother were replaced when they died, so far in canon at least, so if the Grand Inquisitor is alive for Rebels, he had to survive Reva's attack. Plus, no one else of the current Sisters and Brothers looks like the Grand Inquisitor, so they can't get promoted to the spot. And I really do not see this show invalidating a major part of the plot of Rebels.

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
The organization was only in existence for the 19 years in between Order 66 and the original movie, and none of the ones with an actual title of Sister or Brother were replaced when they died, so far in canon at least, so if the Grand Inquisitor is alive for Rebels, he had to survive Reva's attack. Plus, no one else of the current Sisters and Brothers looks like the Grand Inquisitor, so they can't get promoted to the spot. And I really do not see this show invalidating a major part of the plot of Rebels.
Retconning and invalidating central premises of other SW properties seems to be this show's modus operandi.

MarkB

Legend
Maybe at some point they'll do a fake-out version of one of those Obi-wan and Vader bacta tank connection visions, except that when the person startles back to awareness it turns out that it was actually Reva having a vision of the Grand Inquisitor.

Ryujin

Legend
I was wondering if that might not be a variation on the "frozen in carbonite" thing. There were no visible wounds and they all seemed to be standing, from what I can remember.

G

Guest 7034872

I no longer have any residual reservations about Ms. Ingram's acting work. I don't think it's that her character grew on me so much as that she grew into it. The emotional range and subtlety of posture, tone, and intonation she demonstrated in this episode was great. Even when she was right in front of Ewan McGregor, he didn't steal the scene from her: they were both right there in the scene 100%. I did not see an actress trying to accomplish something in this episode: all I saw were the characters on the screen.

Even the deus ex machina at the end didn't bother me. Certainly, someone could reasonably complain about how predictable it was, but my rejoinder will be, "So what? They did it well and it worked."

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryujin

Legend
I no longer have any residual reservations about Ms. Imgram's acting work. I don't think it's that her character grew on me so much as that she grew into it. The emotional range and subtlety of posture, tone, and intonation she demonstrated in this episode was great. Even when she was right in front of Ewan McGregor, he didn't steal the scene from her: they were both right there in the scene 100%. I did not see an actress trying to accomplish something in this episode: all I saw were the characters on the screen.

Even the deus ex machina at the end didn't bother me. Certainly, someone could reasonably complain about how predictable it was, but my rejoinder will be, "So what? They did it well and it worked."
Star wars is essentially a 1930s/1940s movie serial in which they just skip the cliffhanger and jump directly to the save.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads