Obi-Wan Kenobi (spoilers)

Dioltach

Legend
I've finally realised what bugged me about the Grand Inquisitor: he's the spitting image of Kryten from Red Dwarf.

Whats-up-with-the-Grand-Inquisitor-and-canon-Obi-Wan-Kenobi.jpg
p08vy1n6.jpg

MarkB

Legend
Yeah, he has the same basic design and costume as his Rebels version, but just can't pull off that same air of menace. And why is he beige?

GI.png

pukunui

Legend
While I know that Rebels had a specific elongated aesthetic design, the previous Pauans we've seen in live action (in Revenge of the Sith) have all had somewhat elongated heads as well, which makes Rupert Friend's rendition of the Grand Inquisitor look off because of his round head.

They could have made Rupert look more like this:
81piz2vpffm81.jpg

As an aside, I expect that the showrunners are keeping the Grand Inquisitor out of the way so he doesn't overshadow/overcomplicate Reva as the main antagonist, but also, I expect that they're playing it that Vader is taking advantage of Reva's ambition and is keeping the Grand Inquisitor's survival a secret from her so that he can dangle the carrot of false hope that she might be able to take his place. As soon as her usefulness in hunting Obi-Wan comes to an end, Vader will cast her aside.

As an aside, I expect that the showrunners are keeping the Grand Inquisitor out of the way so he doesn't overshadow/overcomplicate Reva as the main antagonist, but also, I expect that they're playing it that Vader is taking advantage of Reva's ambition and is keeping the Grand Inquisitor's survival a secret from her so that he can dangle the carrot of false hope that she might be able to take his place. As soon as her usefulness in hunting Obi-Wan comes to an end, Vader will cast her aside.

Or something as simple as Vader sending him off on a different hunt, once he recovered from the wound, along with the other 7 Brothers and Sisters who have not (yet) appeared in the show. Who knows how many years it took them to track down Maul before they all appeared in Rebels.

As for casting Reva aside, there are already talks of her getting her own show, but I don't know how official any of that is at this point.

pukunui

Legend
Or something as simple as Vader sending him off on a different hunt, once he recovered from the wound, along with the other 7 Brothers and Sisters who have not (yet) appeared in the show. Who knows how many years it took them to track down Maul before they all appeared in Rebels.

As for casting Reva aside, there are already talks of her getting her own show, but I don't know how official any of that is at this point.
Happy to be proven wrong! That was just my current theory.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
Yeah, he has the same basic design and costume as his Rebels version, but just can't pull off that same air of menace. And why is he beige?
He's not really beige, though, right? He's unnaturally paler-than-pale caucasian. Like Vader under his helmet from RotJ. The first scene in episode 2 with him condescending to Reva it's obvious that he's whiter than white, and that seemed part of the subtext.

I think he looks a little beige in that photo you picked just because he's on Tatooine and there's a bunch of tan/sandy light around him.

MarkB

Legend
He's not really beige, though, right? He's unnaturally paler-than-pale caucasian. Like Vader under his helmet from RotJ. The first scene in episode 2 with him condescending to Reva it's obvious that he's whiter than white, and that seemed part of the subtext.

I think he looks a little beige in that photo you picked just because he's on Tatooine and there's a bunch of tan/sandy light around him.
I didn't post that photo. But I can't find an image of the live-action Grand Inquisitor that doesn't have the yellowish tinge to his skin. It's very distinct from completely colourless grey-white of the Rebels version.

delericho

Legend
As an aside, I expect that the showrunners are keeping the Grand Inquisitor out of the way so he doesn't overshadow/overcomplicate Reva as the main antagonist, but also, I expect that they're playing it that Vader is taking advantage of Reva's ambition and is keeping the Grand Inquisitor's survival a secret...
Any reason to think that he did actually survive? After all, we know the Star Wars universe has cloning technology this version of it doesn't have any difficulties with cloning force users...

Remove ads