• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [OCC] Against the Slavelords PBP

TallIan

Explorer
I quite like the concept, it just it was a bit hand waved after the game was nearly finished. "err.. flanking should confer some kinda benefit.......oooh! I know advantage. Done, send it to press."

A smaller bonus (+2) would be better I think. But that has similar problems, if you are getting a +2 bonus from somewhere else, though is a bit less powerful than advantage.

I'm thinking about a house rule of +1 per extra attacker, but that doesn't quite fit with 5e in general.

GreenKarl

First Post
Well there are standard bonuses to AC from cover (+2 and +5) so there is a sort of precedent even in 5th. Its just not as much.
As I also play a lot of other systems, things like Savage Worlds give you a gang up bonus... the more people piling on the better the bonus for all.

Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
It is (intentionally) hard to get stacking bonuses (maybe impossible? I can't think of any of the top of my head).

It's a rule I quite like about 5e

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

GreenKarl

First Post
I think one of the main (many??) reason I don't have any desire to go back to D&D 3/3.5 of Pathfinder is the multiple bonuses from all kinds of different situations. It was just way to much bookkeeping :( I loved the games otherwise... and still read some Pathfinder stuff. Just can't get the energy to run (or even play) it again...

Oh and one dead Orc Interpreter :)

TallIan

Explorer
Yeah the bonuses in 3e after a few levels were silly to add and keep track of.

Then there is always one player who tries the "three rounds ago I should have gotten a +2 for x which means bad guy 1 should have been killed, allowing me to do ...." and basically wants to redo the whole combat.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads