• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [OCC] Against the Slavelords PBP

GreenKarl

First Post
No I don't normally use the flanking rules. I do have some creatures have the Pack Tactics ability which allows them to grant adjacent allies Advantage, or if they are flanking, both advantage. But the drow don't have that ability :)

Scotley

Hero
Trying to post, but I keep getting bad gateway errors. I can't seem to reach the RG. I've been fighting a bad cold and I think ENWorld must have caught it.

I think his initiative is +3, so that's what I've roll, but I could be way off. [roll0].

GreenKarl

First Post
Sorry to hear that Scotley... do you want me to roll for you? What actions do you want to take? The heroes all get to go before the villains.

I have been having some issues this morning with EN World also though

TallIan

Explorer
No I don't normally use the flanking rules. I do have some creatures have the Pack Tactics ability which allows them to grant adjacent allies Advantage, or if they are flanking, both advantage. But the drow don't have that ability :)

That might be what confused me. I'll pay attention next time :D

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Yes there is an optional rule for flanking in the DMG and while I like it I am not using any optional rules right now...

I don't much like the flanking rule. Advantage is easy enough to get as is, and very powerful. To make it that easy would be killer. But to each their own :)

TallIan

Explorer
Yes there is an optional rule for flanking in the DMG and while I like it I am not using any optional rules right now...
I knew it was there. I'm not a fan though, it's either awesome - easy way to get advantage - or meh - if you already have advantage.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

GreenKarl

First Post
Hehe well I admit... in our Face-To-Face game the GM uses flanking... and so my Paladin and the Fighter are horrible on our enemies. Especially as my Paladin has Athletic and a 20 Strength... he can jump over the front line a lot so flanking is easy for us (we are 11th level though :) hehe) ah good times :)

But yes otherwise they do make it too easy to gain Advantage

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads