OD&D 4 me (April Fools)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
My introduction to Michael Moorcock was through an article published in a "Best of Dragon" compilation. It was about The Vanishing Tower.

Reminds me of this thread, really. :)

Cheers!

SSquirrel

Explorer
Plane Sailing said:
Actually no, but I don't anticipate that creating any problems. I was made an Admin for my technical skills rather than my good looks (but I don't want to drag this off topic)

Cheers

At this stage I don't think it's a case of dragging this thread off topic, it's more a matter of threatening death, beating and pummeling it to head back ON topic.

I never owned the OD&D books, started 20 years ago w/Basic. Besides only having 3 classes in OD&D, what are the other differences really?

Derro

First Post
MerricB said:
My introduction to Michael Moorcock was through an article published in a "Best of Dragon" compilation. It was about The Vanishing Tower.

From the City of Brass to Dead-Orc Pass...

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Well I've caught up on this train wreck of a thread. Just a bit over 12 hours after I started it. Amazing how much can change in so short a time. I'm genuinely sorry for some of the things that were said publicly and privately today.

But hey, tomorrow is another day. I've had some contacts with some folks and I'm interested to see where this all leads.

See you on the flip side.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Oh, you poor, poor people. You think this was all a joke? Oh no, Morrus signed on the dotted line and now this place is mine. All :) :) :) :) ing mine! That's right, all the stupid pendantic :) :) :) :) ing will soon be at an end because I'm breaking out the banhammer and smashing some of you poor sods to make examples out of you.

Oh, and don't go thinking of running off now. Where are you planning on going? :) :) :) :) ing RPG.net? Make me laugh! So everyone get ready for the new ENWorld, or as I like to call it :) :) :) :) YOU WORLD!

Piratecat, please check your PMs. I will need a henchman or two, and if you can't do it and maintain your dignity as PKitty, maybe we could break Apocalyptic Kitty out of retirement? Seriously. think about it.

Hairfoot

First Post
SSquirrel said:
I never owned the OD&D books, started 20 years ago w/Basic. Besides only having 3 classes in OD&D, what are the other differences really?
Trying to figure that out, myself.

Now, is this a joke thread because so many of us grognards are farcically threatening to return to original D&Ds, or because the idea of not playing 4E is patently absurd?

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Whisperfoot said:
Oh, you poor, poor people. You think this was all a joke? Oh no, Morrus signed on the dotted line and now this place is mine. All :) :) :) :) ing mine!

... Wait, I was hoping to sign... and I've heard a few others say that they signed as well... Where's Morrus so we can ask him to clear this up? ... Wait, did he ask you for the money up front too? :eek:

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Jdvn1 said:
[/b]
... Wait, I was hoping to sign... and I've heard a few others say that they signed as well... Where's Morrus so we can ask him to clear this up? ... Wait, did he ask you for the money up front too? :eek:

Of course he did, but I'm smarter than the average fiend. I put the money into a holding fund that won't get transferred to him until I have full access.

As for those others who did put the money up, PWNED! :lol:

Remathilis

Legend
Wait, what happened here? I was enjoying watching the mods fight like they're auditioning for the next season of Flavor of Love, and all of a sudden a doey-eyed block of nostalgia breaks out.

Onto other topics: my friend who has DMed as long as I has also experienced Spontaneous Rulebook Gestation: He has two copies of Legends & Lore 2nd Ed, and THREE DMG 3.5's. Apparently along the way, they ate his 3.5 PHB as well....

Korgoth

First Post
der_kluge said:
It's probably the best, and worst thing about OD&D right there. If you have an awesome ref who is all about the story, and cinematic, and being very open to the players trying -whatever- ("I leap onto the dragon's back!") then it would be great. But if you have a more railroady GM who likes the control over the PCs (let's face it, we've all played with this kind before), All Gaming Whatsoever sucks marbles.

Edited to reflect my general response (I won't say FIFY because I find that snotty).

I don't think the most codified, RPGA-approved, longer than the OED set of rules can save you from a killjoy DM. I'm not saying there's no reason to choose rules-heavy, but if the reason for choosing rules-heavy is as a defence against doofus DMs, I don't think that will really help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases