OD&D 4 me (April Fools)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSquirrel

Explorer
Just make me Lord of the Squirrels in the new regime is all I ask. I mean, I have EVIL SQUIRREL PCs in D&D now *points to WotC website* heh

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Wow...you guys rock. \m/

I was all sorts of angry, verklempt, and huffy about this whole thread...that is, until I saw the rebuild of the front page. The "review" on the first page for the 1975 Greyhawk modules? a detailed look at my beloved 1981/1983 Boxed Sets? And I laughed out loud when I read about the "new" concept of cantrips ("they're like teeny, weeny spells.")

I'm not one of those guys who can't take a joke, and I'll always admit it when I've been had. I never saw it coming, and I ate it up like candy. I humbly bow before your superior wit, sense of humor, comic timing, and all of the other awesome awesomeness, and offer up this bottle of Dead Guy ale as a libation.

Well played, gentlemen. Well played. Especially you two, Piratecat and PBartender.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
CleverNickName said:
Wow...you guys rock. \m/

I was all sorts of angry, verklempt, and huffy about this whole thread...that is, until I saw the rebuild of the front page. The "review" on the first page for the 1975 Greyhawk modules? a detailed look at my beloved 1981/1983 Boxed Sets? And I laughed out loud when I read about the "new" concept of cantrips ("they're like teeny, weeny spells.")

I'm not one of those guys who can't take a joke, and I'll always admit it when I've been had. I never saw it coming, and I ate it up like candy. I humbly bow before your superior wit, sense of humor, comic timing, and all of the other awesome awesomeness, and offer up this bottle of Dead Guy ale as a libation.

Well played, gentlemen. Well played. Especially you two, Piratecat and PBartender.
Yeah, I suspected when I saw those two news items under "April 1st". But then I read this thread...

All I can say is, I really, really hope this is a big, elaborate joke. If it is, very well played. If not... then I'm sad :(

Dausuul

Legend
Lord Sessadore said:
Yeah, I suspected when I saw those two news items under "April 1st". But then I read this thread...

All I can say is, I really, really hope this is a big, elaborate joke. If it is, very well played. If not... then I'm sad :(

I was on the fence about this for a long time--some of those early posts had a very sharp edge on them that made me doubt it was a joke. However, the sheer magnitude of the arguments in this thread has convinced me it can't possibly be serious; how many mods have had their mod-ness arbitrarily revoked? How many forums has this thread bounced through? And how many times has some mod announced that this thread was closed, yet people kept posting?

Conversely, if the stuff going on here were serious, I wouldn't expect anybody to be in the mood for perpetrating April Fool's pranks, and "Diaglo's OD&D News" is obviously one.

And they even got a pretty good discussion of the merits of OD&D out of it.

As one of my fellow gamers would say, well played, gentlemen. :)

Last edited:

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I just hope that Henry's resignation announcement - which just appeared at the top of these pages - is a continuation of the prank, rather than serious.

We'll know, if it's still there on the 2nd.

Lanefan

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Rel said:
IN CASE IT ISN'T CLEAR, I POSTED THIS THREAD IN THE 4E FORUM BECAUSE IT WAS THE ABOVE REALIZATION THAT HAS DECIDED ME AGAINST ADOPTING 4E. THANK YOU.
That is a weak and pitiful excuse. This thread was created for no other reason than to stir trouble.

I've reported this thread to the FCC.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Yeah. If it's all a joke, then well done, and I'll move on with life.

If it's not a joke, I'll still move on with life ... but couldn't they have waited until the 2nd??

Anyway, I'm not gonna make a big deal about it. I'm assuming it's an elaborate funny for now.

I think this isn't a joke thread. It's a therapy thread - made for me, to help me battle against my red-text phobia!

It's a nice gesture, really, really is, but it just doesn't work.

Last edited:

Baumi

Adventurer
Too bad that OD&D was only the second RPG, since Savage Worlds kicked so many RPG-Systems-Asses that it made a Timejump back to the 60s and Rule now as the best and first RPG ever! :p

@Darkness: since your are still Admin, how about uping me a to Modstatus, kick out all these New Worlders and declare this site property of the Austrian-Hungarian Empire? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads