• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Of Vile Darkness

Rhia

First Post
*Eradiel absentmindedly carresses the goblet in her hands as Cedric speaks. She keeps a silent pause after the gnome finishes a tad longer as she muses over the possibilities.*

"I can think of several possibilites as to why the High Righteousness," this title said with only a hint of sarcasm, "might want to attend the girl himself. Everything from the benign, she's a daughter of a wealthy patron of the temple and though Orshallan would like nothing better than to believe in his own all encompassing goodness, he also loves the beauty of gold in his coffers; to the wonderfully dark, he's not as holy as he seems and has taken on a lover. Though in his case, it's probably more like a mild infatuation he won't admit to himself." She chuckles at the thought of Orshallan succumbing to base desires.

"You have an interest in discovering who the girl is?" Eradiel sips from her cup, all the while keeping an eye on Cedric, reading his reactions throughout their conversation.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Yes... we have a keen interest. There's been some interesting currents ruffling the surface of a few deep running schemes... long running things, various 'trades' and the like, but it is very possible this could have some far-reaching effects. So... will you discover who this girl is?" Cedric says with a bit of a smile on his rosy face.

~~~

"Threatening the son might not be too much on the bad side... though I'd favor going through his brother, belike, or mebee his nephew. He has a wife too, and a young son, eleven winters. He very much likes his family... to move against one or the other, until he doesn't know who will be next could make him be running scared. That would be a good idea Stormrider," Yill says in approval.

linnorm

Explorer
Ralam Human Rogue 5 / Assassin 7

*At Torr's comment Ralam's eyes narrow and the barest hint of a sneer plays across his face.*

'Ware the cornered rat, pussycat.

"How much of a threat? Have a few boys spend some time harrassing the missus or something more emphatic? Say rape and torture the missus? Leaving her alive of course. Rough up the nephew a couple of times maybe, make each encounter a little more forcefull if his uncle doesn't back off."

Rybaer

First Post
"I suspect going directly after his wife or son might provoke too emotional a reaction from him," Torr says. "The brother or cousin, if properly harassed, could send our nosey friend a message that implies further violence against the rest of his family is very much a possibility."

Rhia

First Post
Eradiel Danode'tner, Drow Wizard 5/Mindbender 5

*Eradiel ponders a moment, carressing her goblet. Abruptly, she sets the cup upon the table and addresses Cedric, all business now."

"I can certainly get you this information. I will need to know, however, any details you can think of. Where, exactly, did this would-be rape occur? Where is Orshallan tending her? What are the names of the two "employeees?" If the need should arise, how do I contact them? There may be something of the girl's appearance or something they heard that night which could be helpful. What kind of time table are we on? And last, but never least, what form of.. compensation... will there be?" She rapidly fires off her question, slowly down to give emphasis to the last questions which she ends with a smile on her lips, looking directly at Cedric.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"The 'incident' occured behind the Honor's Shield charity house. Orshallan is tending her in the High Temple itself. As for the two employees... well the employees of the Butterfly prefer annonymity, my dear, so I can hardly say. But simply send a message through me as to what information you want from them, and I will get it for you. The girl is dark-haired and blue-eyed, but I'm afraid we didn't get much more. As for the time... sooner would be better than later, but don't take uncessary risks. As for the purse, the Butterfly is offering two thousand, possibly with bonuses if you find something particularly interesting," Cedric says, still with the "old uncle" smile on his face.

~~~

"Aye, I'd go after the brother I'd think. Let him think we can't get into his house yet. We're going have to go a bit more delicate-like I think. So... you two lovelies go home, and get a day's rest and planning, then you two can figure out how to make this thing work," Yill says, his eyes going hard.

Rhia

First Post
Eradiel Drow Wizard 5/Mindbender 5

*Uncrossing her legs, Eradiel rises from the couch. She holds her right hand out in front of her, fingers splayed. She seems to take an interest in her hand as if seeing it for the first time. Admiring the way Evermask shines from her milky white skin, she's momentarily lost for words. Pulling herself back to the present, she sighs and drops her hands.*

"Very well. I will discover the identity of Orshallan's new interest for you. I'm sure something interesting will turn up to make that purse grow larger." She smiles at the gnome as she walks towards the door. As if suddenly remembering something, she turns back around and asks, "Oh yes, do we know the name of the Heironeous laybrother? The errant one out to have a good time?"

Rhia

First Post
Eradiel, Drow Wizard 5/Mindbender 5

"Terrel Darsondal," Eradiel mulls the name over to herself, pulling up any information she might already know of the man. "Very good. I'll start with the Honor's Shield. There was a reason they were in it's vicinity, I'm sure. How do I get in contact with you again, Master Cedric?"

*Upon hearing her answer, she turns to study Melody. Out of curiosity, she concentrates, probing into that seemingly vacuous mind of hers. Once she has received what thoughts she can from the winged lady, she turns a last time to the gnome, "I will take my leave of you. You will be hearing from me shortly. Good even to both of you," Eradiel curtsies to the gnome and bows her head slightly towards Melody*

[ooc: knowledge (local): +6, knowledge (nobility): +6 looking for information on Terrel Darsondal.

Also casting Mindread on Melody at DC 18, if Irresistible is allowed for this Supernatural Ability, then DC 22.

Can I get a time of day in-game so I might know what I want to do from here?

And I forgot I'm an elf who doesn't sleep, but trances! Sorta played that wrong earlier. ;)]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Eradiel would know that Terrel Darsondal is the wastral sixth son of that house, forced into religious service as a show of the family's piety. He has a tendency to take what he likes, and won't take no for an answer. He was considered a "bad egg" by pretty much everyone.*

*When you attempt to read Melody's mind, it's rather like coming up against a brick wall. Behind that innocent facade is a trained and keen mind, but then again if she's in the Butterfly's employ, she would have to be more than she seems.*

[OOC - It is early evening. Also irresistible does not raise your actual Charisma or your DCs, only your checks for Charisma-based skills.]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads