• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Off to War (always recruiting) OCC Year 2:

Zerith

First Post
I think I added onto the above enough times, but mainly I'm Duble posting because I'm planing on making these trades: (keeping in mind I'm going to start out as a fighter)
[FONT=&quot]Class skill Climb for Diplomacy
Class skill Handle Animal for Gather information
Class skill Swim for Apprise
Class skill Jump for Bluff
Class skill Ride for Sense motive
Light Armor Prof. for [sblock=Master Linguist] Each time you gain a level, including the level at which you select this feat, you learn a new language (as if you had spent 1 skill point on the Speak Language skill).[/sblock]
Medium Armor Prof. for Persuasive
Heavy Armor Prof. for [sblock=Able Learner] All skill ranks cost 1 skill point for you to purchase, even if the skill is cross-class for you. The maximum number of ranks you can purchase in a cross-class skill remains the same. This feat does not affect the skill point cost to learn a language or to gain literacy (for a barbarian or other illiterate character).[/sblock][/FONT]

And I'm thinking of trading off tower and heavy shields as well, possibly for skill focus diplomacy and weapon finesse.

[Note1: axed Educated, replaced it with Negotiator; between Able Learner and getting class levels in wizard latter on it became just a +1 to two knowledge skills ^^;]
[Note2: lowering his Cha from 18 to 14 to around out his stats, alot.]

Spade

First Post
I might have just missed it, but I'm kinda curious where you're getting Master Linguist from. Don't think it's a core thing? mostly I'm asking because if there's some kind of like, I dunno, feat book or something, it might be worth looking at what I could pick on leveling up.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
The house rules say you can switch class features and abilities, does this encompass skills? If so I would like to trade off a few of Aver's skills for rogueie alternatives. Maybe all knowledges save Arcane, Profession, and Craft, for Hide, Disable Device, Open Lock, and Spot. This will help me meet PRC requirments if its allowed, but it also fits Aver's I don't have to study I'm just a genius attitude - he naturally grasps things swiftly but he does not listen well...

It also occurs to me that I traded light armor proficiency for cantrips at 1st, so gaining cantrips again as a 1st level wizard I would like to trade it for the Practised Spellcaster feat if I may - +4 caster level, but only up to your hit dice, so my caster level would become 2 instead of 1.

Zerith

First Post
I've been using this website to find feats, a good few of them are 3.0 though, so keep an eye out ^^;

And I did not think of temp trading an armor Prof. for catnips and then getting [FONT=&quot]Persuasive when he gets his first wizard level. Hmm! :3
[/FONT]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
@AFg

I thought you got the Light armor back when you hit second lvl? It wasn't a swap just a way to make you a rogue/wizard at first lvl.

You should be swapping the light armor out for another feat. I think.

Also you wish to trade the skills from the wizard class to skills of the rogue class you already have? Is this so you don't have to spend two ranks to raise them at every wizard lvl?

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hey Zerith you sure are chopping up that fighter class sure there isn't a different class you would want to play?

All your leaving is the BAB and Fort save. LOL

HM

Zerith

First Post
And the feat! :D

But really, I'm just geting it for the weapons; need them to make him an eldritch knight, and I don't know of anything that has arcane spells and martial weapons, I would think about trying to find battle mages, but I'm not even sure if they hit spell level 3 by Character level 6-7
and now that I think of it, I could make him a barbarian and then fling all the clase features off to make him stronger over all... Gwah haha ha!... ... but that seems a bit to gamey >_<

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
ML wanted to play an EK and took the Militia feat for her first lvl wizard. Maybe you should do something like that? Swap it out for familiar.

HM

Zerith

First Post
Oh? o_O;
hmmm, that could work but now I'm balancing the feats from trading off fighter class features and getting to be a EK sooner... and the feats are making him more nobelish... Dang it, I should have just said nothing, ate the level in fighter and not made an ass of my self.
Hmmm, I think I'll just take the fighter level, then 6 in wizard before gaining EK levels; them having no real class features makes it easy to pout leveling up as one off :/

That and he just has to have a raven ^_^

Last edited:

Remove ads