Off To War... Recriutment/Discussion

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Equipment from IC

Posting the list of equipment here so you can quote this and mark what you want then the next person can quote you and so on...

Equipment from Martomum:
Backpacks 2
Bedrolls 3
blanket,winter 1
crowbar 1
hammer 1
lantern, hooded 1
mirror,small steel 2
oil,(1 pint flask) 3
pitons 4
belt pouches 2
rations,trail 10 days
rope,hemppen (50') 2
sacks 3
spade 1
tents 2
torches 5
waterskins 3
whetstone 2
antitoxin 2
holy water 2
daggers 2
short swords 2
mace,light 1
crossbow, light 1
20 bolts
handaxe 1

ghostcat

First Post
Posting the list of equipment here so you can quote this and mark what you want then the next person can quote you and so on...

Equipment from Martomum:
Backpacks 2
Bedrolls 3
blanket,winter 1
crowbar 1
hammer 1
lantern, hooded 1
mirror,small steel 2
oil,(1 pint flask) 3
pitons 4
belt pouches 2
rations,trail 10 days
rope,hemppen (50') 2
sacks 3
spade 1
tents 2
torches 5 4
waterskins 3
whetstone 2
antitoxin 2
holy water 2
daggers 2
short swords 2
mace,light 1
crossbow, light 1
20 10 bolts
handaxe 1
Shield (Light/Metal)

Trinham bags the crossbow plus 10 bolts and one torch. He will also donate a Shield (light/metal).

Theroc

First Post

Equipment from Martomum:
Backpacks 2
Bedrolls 3 - 2(Aidan took one)
blanket,winter 1
crowbar 1
hammer 1
lantern, hooded 1
mirror,small steel 2
oil,(1 pint flask) 3
pitons 4
belt pouches 2 - 1 (Aidan took one, if for nothing else but to store the brooch in)
rations,trail 10 days
rope,hemppen (50') 2 -1
sacks 3
spade 1
tents 2 -1
torches 5
waterskins 3
whetstone 2
antitoxin 2
holy water 2
daggers 2
short swords 2
mace,light 1
crossbow, light 1
20 bolts
handaxe 1 -1

I suppose we update the RG with new gear?

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Equipment from Martomum:
Backpacks 2
Bedrolls 3
blanket,winter 1
crowbar 1
hammer 1
lantern, hooded 1
mirror,small steel 2
oil,(1 pint flask) 3
pitons 4
belt pouches 2
rations,trail 10 days
rope,hemppen (50') 2
sacks 3
spade 1
tents 2
torches 5
waterskins 3
whetstone 2
antitoxin 2
holy water 2
daggers 2
short swords 2
mace,light 1
crossbow, light 1
20 bolts
handaxe 1

I plan on taking the 2 daggers, can never be to well armed

Dej Koosh

First Post
What if I take away the Ranger's spell casting ability, or I can just take the scout base class and use it's bonus feats to gain track and the human bonus feat to get the long bow?

Theroc

First Post
What if I take away the Ranger's spell casting ability, or I can just take the scout base class and use it's bonus feats to gain track and the human bonus feat to get the long bow?

I think HM was leaning away from trading things you don't yet have for other things. You don't get spellcasting until 4th level, so if you trade that off now, you're basically getting a free extra feature until after 4th level. Additionally, not having to worry about spellcasting would reduce your MAD, making wisdom much less important allowing you to focus on your combat abilities after that.

Granted, spellcasting is always good, but I almost think losing it for something might be a benefit for the Paladin and Ranger classes(though I'm sure those who know the system better will disagree)

Dragonwriter

First Post

I think HM was leaning away from trading things you don't yet have for other things. You don't get spellcasting until 4th level, so if you trade that off now, you're basically getting a free extra feature until after 4th level. Additionally, not having to worry about spellcasting would reduce your MAD, making wisdom much less important allowing you to focus on your combat abilities after that.

Granted, spellcasting is always good, but I almost think losing it for something might be a benefit for the Paladin and Ranger classes(though I'm sure those who know the system better will disagree)

Perhaps having the skirmish ability start at 4th level would be workable? That was it isn't trading something for nothing early on. Say at every level the Ranger would gain a new spell level (4, 8, 11, 14), instead he gains part of the Skirmish class feature? I think it would be best to offer the choice of +1d6 damage or +1 AC, for customization purposes (and since giving both would make for a much stronger class).

[sblock=Opinion on Ranger Spells]And speaking as a casual optimizer, Ranger (and Paladin) spells are near-garbage, if you don't allow Spell Compendium (and even then, they're not so hot). They have very few uses, don't do much for the time they're active (which is generally pretty short, given that CL is 1/2 level), and are too few in number to be a real benefit. Generally, trading them for just about anything is better than they are.[/sblock]

Dej Koosh

First Post
If I take the scout strait up, I can get point blank shot and longbow proficiencies at lvl 1, take track at 3, and then start on things like rapid shot after at 4. Just a thought to make things easier.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
If I take the scout strait up, I can get point blank shot and longbow proficiencies at lvl 1, take track at 3, and then start on things like rapid shot after at 4. Just a thought to make things easier.

Sounds like you already have the character build remember a charcter starts with nothing and then gains in power like what you have in the quote. If you want it to be "quicker" then you could take scout as base and lose some of its feats/other abilities - the swap chart is done lvl by lvl so you only need to know what you want your character to be in the end not at 1st lvl

HM

ghostcat

First Post
Equipment from Martomum:
Backpacks 2
Bedrolls 3 2
blanket,winter 1
crowbar 1
hammer 1
lantern, hooded 1
mirror,small steel 2
oil,(1 pint flask) 3
pitons 4
belt pouches 2 1
rations,trail 10 days
rope,hemppen (50') 2
sacks 3
spade 1
tents 2
torches 5
waterskins 3
whetstone 2
antitoxin 2
holy water 2
daggers 2
short swords 2
mace,light 1
crossbow, light 1
bolts 20 10
handaxe 1
Shield (Light/Metal)
Trinham bags the crossbow plus 10 bolts and one torch. He will also donate a Shield (light/metal).

I suppose we update the RG with new gear?

I plan on taking the 2 daggers, can never be to well armed

Ha. ENWorld does not include quotes in quotes, so we are loosing what people have already taken. Here's the up-to-date list. I have removed the QUOTE marks round the list so the next candidate can use it by quoting this post.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases