Official Class/Race Satisfaction Survey

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
The "which class is more powerful" drove me crazy because it didn't have a tier component. Many start slow and get more or vice versa. Heck, how do you compare to 9th level spells.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
The "which class is more powerful" drove me crazy because it didn't have a tier component. Many start slow and get more or vice versa. Heck, how do you compare to 9th level spells.

Paladin VS Wizard was such a hard decision because of this. Nothing has quite as much impact as a Paladin in the first half of the game, but after that point...

ad_hoc

(they/them)
I forgot about Healing Spirit. We limit it to once per round which is what I think was the intention of it and also fits in to the power level of a 2nd level spell. So I forgot that it is actually overpowered and also awkward in play to abuse it.

Dualazi

First Post
Add me to the 'forgot about healing spirit' camp, since none of my players know about it. As for the rest, I put GWM and SS as the OP feats (no surprise there I'm sure), and hold person, banishment, and feeblemind for the spells. As far as classes go rangers, sorcerers, and fighters got the brunt of my ire while paladins/wizards were probably the most satisfied. Races were pretty okay across the board, none I was really enamored with and only halflings as a seriously unsatisfied option.

fil512

Explorer
I listed healing spirit as broken as well. I houserule that the caster needs to use their reaction to trigger the healing. It’s an easy resolution to an incredibly poorly written spell. How did that wording make it past QA???

fil512

Explorer
In the campaign I DM, the class that’s broken is the Druid. 6th level Druid effectively has 160 HP due to two shape changes into giant constrictor. Grapples, does mean damage. She never ever goes down in battle. I really don’t like the Moon Druid class.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Odd, I distinctly remember someone saying that the results of such surveys were useless as they're just from a vocal minority that should be dismissed...

Rated things as dissatisfied that I would otherwise have been satisfied with, like the Hexblade and the new Ranger subclasses, because they should of been part of the core class.

Yaarel

He Mage
I suspect the designers are in a ... modality ... that they care more about whether the majority of players are satisfied than whether the game is actually balanced or consistent.

If there are some aspects that are off, it seems necessary to inform the larger community about the difficulties, to encourage players to notice and understand the issues, rather than finetune the aspects directly.

I was surprised when WotC announced that the upcoming printing of the core books would even have errata at all.

Since the team is biting the bullet, and publishing core books with errata, I hope they use the opportunity to make some meaningful updates that can help the longterm usefulness of the core rules.

Remove ads