Official Nostalgia Thread (thread necromancy)

oldschooler

First Post
Akrasia said:
[I posted this over at RPG.net, but I feel like posting it here as well, because I'm bored. ;)]

My first serious crush: Morgan Ironwolf (the female fighter wearing chainmail spandex in, apparently, cold weather) from the Moldvay ed. Basic D&D Set.

My second serious crush: Aleena (the female cleric wearing chainmail spandex in, sadly, temperate weather) from the Mentzer ed. Basic D&D Set. (And yes, I still hate Bargle for wasting her!)

:D
These two women slam-banged me through puberty in record time! I swear Morgan must have nipples of STEEL!

jasper

Rotten DM
195. We used testor enamel paint stole from our older brother room. He just painted plastic models. We need them for our minis.
196. We picked up every penny we found on the school grounds because they made great bases for minis. Rich gamers would have their dad or the wood shop cut out wooden bases for minis.
197. We demanded to see kings, and then told the kings they had to raise their prices for saving the princess.
198. The new guy got the cast off of all the magic items. Cool a +3 vorpal axe here newbie take my +1 battle axe.
199. We brought two or more characters sheets to the table because we need we would lose a character.

Greenstone

First Post
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye."
-Vecna

Never mind the funniness of the thread, Grumpy Celt, that's got to be one of the best sigs I've seen to date (right up there with "Jesus saves, everybody else takes d20 damage...")

Geron Raveneye

Explorer
Clerics...

I don't know, Aleena went far too soon to get any attachment. I used to like the cleric chick in the class description much better. :p Aleena's in the second picture, about to learn why not to mess with magic-users.

Attachments

• D&D cleric.jpg
    D&D cleric.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 103
  • Aleena and the magic missile.jpg
    Aleena and the magic missile.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 115

Runesong42

First Post
This isn't THAT old, being from AD&D2, BUT... it does bring back some scary nostalgic memories for me as a DM:

200. Players learned that defeating a 1 HD elf was worth 420 XP... and then went promptly on a crusade to destroy the elven race.

(Seriously.)

Shadowdancer

First Post
201. The term "land shark" was more than just the title of a funny Saturday Night Live sketch. It struck fear into the hearts of players and characters alike.

diaglo

Adventurer
Geron Raveneye said:
I don't know, Aleena went far too soon to get any attachment. I used to like the cleric chick in the class description much better. :p Aleena's in the second picture, about to learn why not to mess with magic-users.

Darn you, Bargle.

202. Original D&D(1974) is the only true game. All the other editions are just poor imitations of the real thing. :D

Remove ads