• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OGL 1.2 survey is now live

Solauren

Explorer
My suggestions to them -

Remove the ability to pull the license from someone.

Instead, change it so that you can pull the right to use your logos, symbols, etc, and to claim that it’s supported, interacted with, compatible, (et al) with D&D in anyway, shape or form.

That way, it someone uses it as a platform for hate, you can pull the connection, and then issue a statement about it.

That would give the publisher a chance to fix the problem you identified (hey, editor mistakes happen), and get that right back.
I’ll refer you to the original Deities and Demigods for 1st edition D&D as an example of something slipping by an editor. Didn’t that require the removal of 2 - 3 Chapters of the book?

You really need to make the morality and ‘illegal’ terms less vague. What’s immoral and illegal in one country is often illegal in the other. There is no safe common ‘legal everywhere’ you can find for a lot of things.

In fact, I would scrap the ‘illegal’ all together, as even laws change within a country. Right now, interacial, cross-relgion, and same-sex marriages are legal in the US, and there is religious tolerance. Imagine if a new political party was put into power and then made then illegal.

Effectively, by your own liscence, you’d have to scrap anything using half-elves (inter-racial), half-orcs (interaction), or anything but whatever flavor of Christianity that party put in place (just about the entire game)

Heck, going into a dungeon could be considered a criminal act (tresspassing), or slaying a dragon (murder of a sentient being).

Right now, that just looks like you’re setting it up so you can pick off anyone you want as your leisure, instead of trying to protect the hobby.

Virtual Table Top
Just scrap it all together, and use the Table top stuff for it.

The elements you are looking to control and restrict, are pretty much required elements in video games these days.

Unless you’re planning to go to war with….

Nintendo if they ever do something similar for Pokemon (which fans have wanted for years),

Blizzard Entertainment over Warcraft, or the dozens of other MMRPGs that exist.

All a VTT needs to do to ignore you is just not have in-system D&D Character sheets.

No it's not Scribe has no intention of supporting them with One D&D and has made that clear for months prior to this mess. So Scribe input shouldn't matter cause nothing they do will appease Scribe.
I think that is only partially true... they want the Brand, the IP, the IDEA of D&D to stay alive and as such the 3pp games are "D&D" so they are still supporting a bit by playing level up and talking about i.t

Remove ads