OGL 1.2 survey is now live

Scribe

Legend
I would have been MUCH more supportive of deauthorizing the OGL in 2008

I'm shocked.

As I said, that's a message they definitely want to listen to.

joe b.

I would like to think 1D&D would want to encourage as wide a participation as possible, but if they are focused more on litigation than making the best product they can, I can understand why Wizards would not be interested in attracting new people via its product.

Scribe

Legend
I read this else where and I think it's very apt.

WeNeedMore.JPG

:unsure:

dave2008

Legend
Well, I just submitted my response. No profanity, no name-calling, but I absolutely excoriated their conduct, made it clear that anything more restrictive/less open than the OGL v1.0a is utterly unsatisfactory, that revocation/de-authorization of the old license is not acceptable, and that they need to abandon their current course completely if they want to recover any of their tarnished image.

Now let's wait and see if they actually listen.
They can still listen and not do what you want. I don't have the same requirements you do and will likely give different feedback. They can't serve everyone, even if they are listening to evryone

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
They can still listen and not do what you want. I don't have the same requirements you do and will likely give different feedback. They can't serve everyone, even if they are listening to evryone
I don't want them to serve everyone. I want them to serve the people who want the OGL v1.0a to remain authorized/unrevoked and not the people who're in favor of the draft OGL v1.2, for instance, since I believe that maintaining the OGL v1.0a does the most good for the largest number of people in the tabletop RPG community (including WotC, via the Skaff Effect).

Remove ads