Ogres on Ponies

CCamfield

First Post
I don't know if there's anything in the PHB; the guidelines/rules for mounts in Masters of the Wild (with the Windrider prestige class) say that mounts have to be a size larger than the rider.

Azure Trance

First Post
CCamfield said:
I don't know if there's anything in the PHB; the guidelines/rules for mounts in Masters of the Wild (with the Windrider prestige class) say that mounts have to be a size larger than the rider.
Figured, just wanted to make sure.

hong

WotC's bitch
Azure Trance said:
Is there a rule against large creatures mounting large mounts? (IE, Ogre on a horse).
Well, I picture an ogre mounting a horse as being like a man mounting a dog.

Hong "make of that what you will" Ooi

Kai Lord

Hero
Whoa. I was just skimming through the subject headers and briefly read the title of this thread as "Oozes on ponies." Quite the visual image...

hong

WotC's bitch
Kai Lord said:
Whoa. I was just skimming through the subject headers and briefly read the title of this thread as "Oozes on ponies." Quite the visual image...
Is this going to be another one of those beholder graveyard things?

johnsemlak

First Post
Speaking of, what would be a good mount for an ogre?

I could use one for my campaign. I want to throw a mounted Ogre War Hulk at them.

mhd

Adventurer
johnsemlak said:
Speaking of, what would be a good mount for an ogre?

I could use one for my campaign. I want to throw a mounted Ogre War Hulk at them.

A metallic dragon of appropriate size, beaten into submission. When the players see a brass dragon with several scales missing and a huge chain bridle, they should be equally infuriated and scared.

Alternatively a behir, bulette, triceratops, advanced nightmare, advanced winter wolf, advanced wyvern or one of those stone tanks (juggernaut?)...

Or just get some really big horse. According to my Inbox, anything can be made huge without much effort.

Remove ads