Ohio Gameday - Feb 24, 2007 - Fun was had by one and all!

Crothian

First Post
Bubbalicious said:
Not if it's just a completely separate webpage.

They won't have to sign into that web page? Are we going to have an e-mail address sand a page to look at for updates? Are people going to post anonomously so no sign in?

Crothian

First Post
BlueBlackRed said:
I think he's asking what the advantage is of going with another site when you have a perfectly good one right here.

I'm getting to that point, but first I need to understand what their alternative is. :D

Bubbalicious

First Post
Here, they would have to register with ENWorld in order to post. You have to post to sign up for games. If it's a seperate site, no one is required to register for any particular site to attend and sign up for games.

Enkhidu

Explorer
Let's put this to bed: the reason I had entertained the idea of a separate site for signups was because I was looking for a way to do automated first-come signups for all comers. This was in part because I was told to expect a larger number of locals this time around (the number floated around was around 30+), and I wanted to even the playing field somewhat for those unfamiliar with ENWorld. But, after talking things over with the manager at the Bookery, we'll be proceeding with what has worked in the past and doing signups in a thread just like last year. So, without further ado,

[b=4]We'll begin signups for games beginning first thing Friday January 12, 2007 in this thread.[/b]

But before we do, there are a few things you might want to know:

- There is no fee for this event, unless you want to count gas and food.
- Parts of the site are not wheelchair accessible; we've got two very large tables on the first floor which we'll likely use, as well as another 11 in the basement. The ones in the basement are accessible only via a set of stairs.
- We will be having three time slots - 10 to 2, 3 to 7, and 8 to 11:30. All times are approximates. The store itself opens at 9 AM, and you can expect to see retail traffic until about 9 PM.

So...

GMs: if you are interested in running a game, please post a synopsis/summary of the game you would like to run.

Players: just a reminder that all signups are on a first come basis.

Everyone: we look forward to seeing you!

Enkhidu

Explorer
Hi all!

Using this thread and some word of mouth as a baseline, this is what we've got game-wise so far:

Crothian running a Paranoia game (an Orc&Pie sequel?).
ashockney running a possible 17th level 3.5 adventure
BlueBlackRed running a gestalt 20 level high-powered D&D game
D'Shai (possibly running another Dwarf game, maybe swashbuckling - who knows?)
and
Enkhidu running a TBD D&D game (maybe another visit to an old classic, maybe something different).

BlueBlackRed is the only one who has voiced an opinion on time slots, and the first table in the 3PM - 7PM slot goes to him if he still wants it.

But, since I haven;t got enough info yet to really get the ball rolling:

All GMs and would-be GMs should post a quick synopsis of their game ASAP
As summaries get posted, I will add them to the list in the first post of this thread.

See you all there!

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
Enkhidu said:
BlueBlackRed is the only one who has voiced an opinion on time slots, and the first table in the 3PM - 7PM slot goes to him if he still wants it.
I'll get the synopsis out soon. Been busy this week.

Remove ads