• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OK... that's just vulgar...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllisterH

First Post
Celebrim said:
In contrast to the nay sayers who say this is just naughty imaginations, I think females are going to pick up on the association faster on average than men.

Not really "naughty imagination". Its just that I honestly don't think a lot of men would make the immediate connection as apparently the women seem to be.

I mean, everyone knows the joke about the washington monument and yet I've heard that there too, women seem to make the connection faster than men.....so what does that really say about men amd women?

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
Henry said:
Whether the dog's wagging the tail or vice versa, I suspect that pic is coming down. :D

One can find suggestive forms throughout art, architecture, advertising, etc. Over the years fantasy as a genre has been ripe with suggestive and overt sexual references (both intentional and accidental), so this nothing new.

I have pointed out this thread and the image in question to the folks on the web team and will leave it up to them to decide what to do about it. It's not the first piece of art that turned a few heads.

I doubt I will get a call from an irate mom but if I do I can handle it "sorry ma'am, all I see is a cool looking sword ;) "

Last edited:

Drkfathr1

First Post
I'd REALLY love to hear from the actual artist.

And yeah, I saw it too.

So did the three women I work with here in the office.

Scott_Rouse said:
I doubt I will get a call from an irate mom but if I do I can handle it "sorry ma'am, all I see is a cool looking sword"
Mr. Rouse, I have seen you on the boards and in my opinion you are a genial person. That thing you said just there, however, isn't very nice. On the one hand, you have already stated in this thread that you see what some of us see in the image. Doesn't seem very honest to later state that you'll deny having seen a lady's naughty bit if you end up on the receiving end of a complaint from an irate mother. Now, I'm somewhat confident that you won't receive any complaints about the image and I think you made a smart move alerting the right folks to the possibilities of what the image may convey while also agreeing to let them do their work and decide for themselves what to do with the picture. I'm hopeful, however, that you were kidding just there when you said "sorry ma'am, all I see is a cool looking sword." Without an emoticon or any other contextual information, I felt I should mention that while I didn't find the picture offensive and don't mind it's being on the net or on WotC's website, I did go "Huh?!" when I read your most recent remark about deniability.

Again, you seem a nice person. With the onset of 4E, I'm happy to have seen you posting on EN World. I didn't think what you just said there was very kind, but that's okay. My own husband sometimes isn't very kind, nor am I. I hope you were joshing.

Bagpuss

Legend
Can I just say a big thanks to whoever added the spoiler warning to the Savage Tide bit in the article. So thanks Scott_Rouse if it was you behind it and if not pass on my thanks.

Last edited:

Lurks-no-More

First Post
jester47 said:
I think it is intentional, running along the whole HR Giger biomechanics tradition combined with the common mysogynistic idea that the female sex = evil.
I think you're seeing things in this that aren't there (then again, so are we all in this thread...)

I always thought the Aliens were phaliic symbols, anyway. Something about the shape of the head...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads