OK, we have a problem [please read!]

seasong

First Post
I'm one of the people who didn't get an email saying that my CS account had ended. My account ended a bit over a month ago, and I don't do searches enough to notice on that short a time frame.

I also noticed that the pricing scheme for accounts is, er, backwards:

$19.99 for one year
$87.50 for two ($43.75 per year)
$135 for three ($45 per year)

Could I suggest an alternative?

$25 for one year
$45 for two years
$60 for three years

I understand that the $19.99 was originally intended as a short-term sale that has just never ended . . . but if that's all you're planning to sell anyway, maybe just standardize around it?

I know that I don't visit EN World that much, but I get at least as much out of it as a good d20 campaign book each year, so $25 seems very reasonable to me.

Edit: And just renewed.

Last edited:

TheAuldGrump

First Post
seasong said:
I'm one of the people who didn't get an email saying that my CS account had ended. My account ended a bit over a month ago, and I don't do searches enough to notice on that short a time frame.

I also noticed that the pricing scheme for accounts is, er, backwards:

$19.99 for one year
$87.50 for two ($43.75 per year)
$135 for three ($45 per year)

Could I suggest an alternative?

$25 for one year
$45 for two years
$60 for three years

I understand that the $19.99 was originally intended as a short-term sale that has just never ended . . . but if that's all you're planning to sell anyway, maybe just standardize around it?

I know that I don't visit EN World that much, but I get at least as much out of it as a good d20 campaign book each year, so $25 seems very reasonable to me.

Edit: And just renewed.
Hmmm, I do not know if it is still the case, but previously people were more likely to 'donate to a cause' if the request did not go over twenty. (I used to work for a small not-for-profit organization.) I suspect that the $19.99 subscriptions would bring in more money than bumping it up to $25. One of the weird things I remember is that people were more likely to make three $20 donations than to donate $40 all at once.

A bar showing monthly donations vs. monthly cost might be a good idea. People seem perfectly willing to donate to E. N. World, but many do not know that there is a problem until the problem becomes severe.

The Auld Grump

Frater

First Post
I would consider some of these things but I have heard some pretty serious negatives about the security of the ENWorld merchant system handling purchase and account transactions.

I will send you something via the paypal address.

Remove ads